im having mixed feelings

jungsangchoe

Jul 1, 2007
woodlands
shld i get a kx?
pls share with me the pros n cons?
my fren showed me his km yesterday and i was hooked!

thing is i have a canon DSLR already with 4-5 lenses.

i also have a nikon for IR only.

but i love the colours the km showed me.

saw youtube for reviews and also hands became itchy!!

pls help me...

shld i get a kx?
pls share with me the pros n cons?
my fren showed me his km yesterday and i was hooked!

thing is i have a canon DSLR already with 4-5 lenses.

i also have a nikon for IR only.

but i love the colours the km showed me.

saw youtube for reviews and also hands became itchy!!

pls help me...

No.

You've already invested quite a lot in your Canon system. Switching may prove costly and some lenses aren't available in equivalent Pentax mount. Colours are easily adjustable in post-process. Flash system is way better for Canon.

Yes.

If you can stomach the financial/lens line-up difference. Better ergonomics than Canon entry level. More manual lenses to play with.

It's up to you eventually. Figure out what you're really after in a system. Each brand has their own strengths and weaknesses, so use the appropriate tools for the job. The same goes for post-processing software. Unless you're making a living through photography, in the end, having fun with your equipment is all that matters. ;)

Certainly not.
5 lenses is already a lot of money invested in another system.
All brands have comparable outputs anyway. You can always tweak your camera settings to give the output you want.

Unless you have money to burn.

thanks bro i see that u have all 3 brands too! nice

colors can be adjusted in post process.

loads of people produce great pictures with canon dslr.

do you like the pentax a lot more to justify the switch?

hi nightmare, i kinda knew u had a pentax too and ur shots are lovely...
i like the in camera adjustments in the kx...

just buy it, man. don't think twice.
otherwise, you will just keep thinking about it all day long, which will ruin your study/work/family/lift etc.
so, go for it :)

You can do an evaluation of your Canon system and see whether you can get back an equivalent system in Pentax without too much blood letting... if $ is one of your consideration.

i have a 5D from canon. which will be used for serious work if any )freelance(.
not saying pentax is not gd for serious work but it looked really nice...

does pentax hav a mount for canon lenses?

well, if you like it a lot, there is nothing wrong in switching.

just make sure it's for the right reasons. no one can make the decision but you, so you have to know why you're doing this.

the main worry when making such a move is that you hope that you get better pictures because of the switching. a picture is a lot more than just colours, in-cam adjustments, etc. granted, i would not deny that the k-x is a very attractive camera based on the performance and price.. but it is not a perfect camera or THE CAMERA. there is no such thing. so you have to ask yourself, is it worth the $ loss when switching? :)

if you like, i can happily dig out a few canon dslr users' pictures for you to see. :bsmilie:

you could probably find an adaptor.

i am not sure if third party ones work well, but i know pentax --> canon adaptor for third party is very horribly made from my experience. at least the one i bought, will get stuck on the lens.

also you will likely lose af function.

Certainly not.
5 lenses is already a lot of money invested in another system.
All brands have comparable outputs anyway. You can always tweak your camera settings to give the output you want.

Unless you have money to burn.

Why not? I jumped ship from Nikon a long time ago. Dead easy to sell my gear because got so many users. Same applies for Canon. Only issue is how much you're asking for your gear.

i have a 5D from canon. which will be used for serious work if any )freelance(.
not saying pentax is not gd for serious work but it looked really nice...

Keep your canon for events,if $ not an issue get a Pentax DSLR with a few nice lenses
for your leisure/ hobby etc..but be very careful as mention "nice lenses"..:devil:

Keep your canon for events,if $ not an issue get a Pentax DSLR with a few nice lenses
for your leisure/ hobby etc..but be very careful as mention "nice lenses"..:devil:

That is my intention. But I do have a bad habit, buy buy buy! Haha I have a 5d, nikon d70, seagull 4b, rollei35 and more lomo cams of which I'm trying to let go. I really do hope pentax will be a great keeper.

That is my intention. But I do have a bad habit, buy buy buy! Haha I have a 5d, nikon d70, seagull 4b, rollei35 and more lomo cams of which I'm trying to let go. I really do hope pentax will be a great keeper.

Wow! tats alot man.
slow & steady bro, make your own choice Pentax always welcome you.:devil::bsmilie:

Guess I'll wait then, no big need for it now. Will let go of my seagull and lomos first keeping my canon n nikon.. Btw, the kx feels v small and light to use eh ? Dropped by ms colour yesterday to check out the pricing and all. Wondering where I can get manual lenses hmm after all, it uses sd cards and AA batts! Hmm

had hdr shots, fisheye, filters and such.

HD video at 720p hmmm

What flash can I use ? Canon 430ex?

Just want to add that canon's AF speed is superior to pentax and most canon lenses have USM whereas most pentax lenses use the in-body screw drive which may annoy you:sweat: but if these do not affect you then just get the k-x! (or maybe even k-7:devil:)

Just want to add that canon's AF speed is superior to pentax and most canon lenses have USM whereas most pentax lenses use the in-body screw drive which may annoy you:sweat: but if these do not affect you then just get the k-x! (or maybe even k-7:devil:)

Canon lenses have the focus motor inside the lens but not all are the superior USM type right? Anyway the screw focusing sound may sound irritating and loud to the photographer but I don't think it's as audible and annoying from further away.

Canon lenses have the focus motor inside the lens but not all are the superior USM type right? Anyway the screw focusing sound may sound irritating and loud to the photographer but I don't think it's as audible and annoying from further away.

But the AF chip is also better using AF servo or AF.C is so much more accurate than using with my k-7 ...:sticktong maybe its also my slow lens but i hardly shoot sports anyways so i dont really nid that

you hav a friendly group of pentaxian, sometime quite hard to equate with money;)

abandon ship:bsmilie:

otc