I'm falling deep into your ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazer

Nov 6, 2003
sg
www.jazerstudio.com
Eyes are truly the window to the soul, and its amazing much is communicated. I hope i captured this moment

thanks amy. ;)

amy.jpg

amy02.jpg

both shots :thumbsup: attention catching eyes

I like the 2nd one. Nice tonal range.

nice tonal range
same expression for both photos
however, do you think without the white towel/cloth will be better?

Thanks for the comments. ;)

Mel , Shot on Digital and film but the ones put up are digital ( haven't developed the b/w film yet )

D, thanks mate .. hey post that shot up and share :cool: Things are good at home , where the "sit rep" sir?

JermsDayOut , tmc17479 , Minoxman, Jer76 Guys , thanks for taking time to comment .. glad i was able to communicate and capture the allure of her eyes. I hope the tones in the film will come out nice as well as this i was burned a dodged quite a fair bit to achieve the look i want ... Doing in on the enlarger is a real bi*ch .

Sathea , actually i wanted to do this as a "just showered" relaxed and refreshed look and i actually made her take a shower .. hahaha and we got some shots in there too. I am so mean , because of that she had to shower in her clothes and get them all wet. But i think she will be happy with her pictures. So i think it was an essential prop.

Feel free to leave any comments and critics , its all much appreciated.

cheers
Jazer the Handsome Devil

Hey J;

Good of you to post. ;) How are things coming along over there? :)

Anyway, i really like the first shot (since i am a absolute sucker when it comes to half face shots) ;)

Keep shooting you hear? No slacking off. :p :devil:

hehe, very nice expression you've captured. First and Second look so alike that one would think that number 1 is a crop from number 2 :p

wolfie >SIR YES SIR ! Heheh :devil: Cannot slack ar .. spend so much monie come :hung: myself if i don't get my monie's worth. But yeah its tough , cos the first sem is really back to basics hand printing your work ( can kill myself ) But u know what , i think the darkroom is a fab place to work in ( even though its a pain in the a** to get the tones just right ;) Now i really appreciate photoshop and photographers doing fantastic work before photoshop.

Been looking at your stuff too dude ,noticed that you have been taking a break too huh :bsmilie: :devil: .

Mel > Hehehe , i just developed the negs before i left school .. get i will scan it when i get the time and share yeah ? Thanks for comments.

Ric > Could be the same frame image , but i just told her to "DON'T MOVE!" and i guess she didn't .. yeah she isn't very pretty .. but very very photogenic. Which do u prefer?

Jazer said:
wolfie >SIR YES SIR ! Heheh :devil: Cannot slack ar .. spend so much monie come :hung: myself if i don't get my monie's worth. But yeah its tough , cos the first sem is really back to basics hand printing your work ( can kill myself ) But u know what , i think the darkroom is a fab place to work in ( even though its a pain in the a** to get the tones just right ;) Now i really appreciate photoshop and photographers doing fantastic work before photoshop.

Yeah, it's been awhile for me but i did post a few shots recently and a couple today. ;)

Meanwhile, do learn as much as you can and come back and share with us all yah? :D

Jazer said:
wolfie >
Ric > Could be the same frame image , but i just told her to "DON'T MOVE!" and i guess she didn't .. yeah she isn't very pretty .. but very very photogenic. Which do u prefer?

I prefer number 1, excellent job :)

Jazer said:
Thanks for the comments. ;)

Mel , Shot on Digital and film but the ones put up are digital ( haven't developed the b/w film yet )

D, thanks mate .. hey post that shot up and share :cool: Things are good at home , where the "sit rep" sir?

JermsDayOut , tmc17479 , Minoxman, Jer76 Guys , thanks for taking time to comment .. glad i was able to communicate and capture the allure of her eyes. I hope the tones in the film will come out nice as well as this i was burned a dodged quite a fair bit to achieve the look i want ... Doing in on the enlarger is a real bi*ch .

Sathea , actually i wanted to do this as a "just showered" relaxed and refreshed look and i actually made her take a shower .. hahaha and we got some shots in there too. I am so mean , because of that she had to shower in her clothes and get them all wet. But i think she will be happy with her pictures. So i think it was an essential prop.

Feel free to leave any comments and critics , its all much appreciated.

cheers
Jazer the Handsome Devil

Hi,

You had succeeded. I also thought that she either just finished a shower, just shampooed her hair or after being caught in a rain. Anything to do with water.

I like no. 1 better and I have been envisioning to take something of that composition. Nice.

My own ideal is to take the No. 1 composition with a drop of water dripping from the tips of her hair.....somewhere near the eye will be great!

Difficult I know but can add more feel of the "after-shower" feeling that you are trying to capture.

:thumbsup:

Yup, she has really beautiful eyes. You captured the face really well. Did you use soft focus/ filters etc? I'm interested to know how to take better (i.e. more flattering) pictures of my friends and family. I like both pics, good job!

Wolfgang said:
Yeah, it's been awhile for me but i did post a few shots recently and a couple today. ;)

Meanwhile, do learn as much as you can and come back and share with us all yah? :D

Without a Doubt my friend! Make sure i get a press conf when i get back too .. :devil:

Agila, Ricleo > Thanks for the kind words.

Phuazster > Well it doesn't hurt have an idea first , how you want to portray them . Get them in the right mood .. put on the right clothes look for the right time of day and get the right light. For this picture , i knew her eyes are her most attractive features , so i played on that fact and make the photograph high-key and used selective focus on the eyes. Further enhanced by dodging and burning in photoshop. Also i knew she is a very "cute" person , so why not enhance that cosy cute feeling by having her relaxed in her home after a good shower.

Essentially, find out what u find flattering about the person and why u wanted to take them in the first place and try to express that in your photograph. Hope that helps.

Icer> Oooh , yeah little details like a drop of water .. Good idea! Hope u don't mind if i use that in my next shoot. ;) , so what's stopping you making an image like that? :devil: heheh thanks for the input man.

Status
Not open for further replies.