I'm confused???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwisterMadSlayer

Jun 30, 2009
Which Camera should i buy? And why?

Canon 500D or Canon 450D or Nikon D5000?

D5000 gt the 11 point AF system which i think is quite good...

Will need you all as Professionals for help... :)

Remember though, it has no in-body AF motor.

I suggest you read the reviews, compare specs and most importantly, TRY the cameras for yourself. Nothing beats the value of comfortable ergonomics.

go camera shop and try try first.

Lolx... If let you all choose Nikon D5000 or Canon 500D, which one will you all prefer? Don't count in the MegaPixels...

Lolx... If let you all choose Nikon D5000 or Canon 500D, which one will you all prefer? Don't count in the MegaPixels...

How about... none of the above? If you're looking hard enough, there're better deals else where...

Remember though, it has no in-body AF motor.

I suggest you read the reviews, compare specs and most importantly, TRY the cameras for yourself. Nothing beats the value of comfortable ergonomics.

AGREED. you HAVE to try it for yourself, at entry level, nothing beats trying the camera and the feel of the camera. READREADREAD. Make sure you don't regret buying. I'm a canon user, no problems so far!;p Ultimately you have to like what you buy and be comfortable buying it! go to http://www.bhphotovideo.com and read the respective reviews! the prices there are great!;)

Each one of us will have our own opinions. Me, I'd choose neither.

I suggest you learn how to make your own decisions.

if you dont need the video...easily the D200 or 30D if limited to the 2 brands and they are old models to boot. Question will be whether you know how to use them properly.

Well, obviously i'd choose the D5000 (cos i use Nikon!)

Bottomline: Go to a shop and try them both out and see which suits you. We're not buying the camera. You are :)

P.S.-If it's any assurance, both cameras are very capable and can deliver, if you learn how to use them competently:thumbsup:

Go to well known shop in CS to try it urself and decide.....

Everyone has to make his own decision

Between these two, I would go for Nikon D5000 for the swivel LCD screen. U need this to shot creative angle with ease and comfort. Low and high angle shots are very easy to achieve.

Other recent or new models that also have tilting LCD, have worse ergonomics, the grip is too small and narrow. Nikon D5000 is still the better choice in this case.

Last edited:
Between these two, I would go for Nikon D5000 for the swivel LCD screen.

me different from you, i seriously dislike such swivelling LCD screens (i think it will spoilt faster as well form swivelling here and there). ;p

wait for d3000? ;)

anyway... if choices must be made then i think i'll take either d5000 or 450d...

i think depends on what your friends got... really... if all of your friends is having brand A then go for brand A... you'll be able to test out and try out things your friends have... rather than reading a tons of review online...

Status
Not open for further replies.