I'm a new comer is this forum and I come in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Kwai

Aug 13, 2006
Hi' I'm a new comer is this forum and I come in peace.
Basically I know nothing about photography but intent to pickup this wonderful hobby and for a start I had bought my self a 2nd hand Minolta Dynax 800si, before I sign up for
SLCC: 32th Basic Photography Course , I’m not sure I did the right thing but after I got my 800si I notices people are going for DSLR which I find it a pieces of electronic products
(eg. Hand Phone) and I was wondering such cameras like DSLR
dose it carry any value in terms of collection, to my understanding a SLR will still fetch some money provided it still functioning as a DSLR the LCD do carry a life span, will people go for a 2nd hand DSLR? Please enlighten me ….. .:)

Hi W.Kwai,

Welcome to the family. I am a newbie and trying to pick up photography too. Good for you that you have signed up for the photography course. It'll definitely benefit you. Enjoy your stay. Back to your question on DSLRs. Well, as buying films and developing films will cost you money, hence, most people have upgraded to a DSLR although film cameras have their own advantages. Yes, there are people who sellstheir DSLRs, you can check out the B&S section. If you are thinking of upgrading to a DSLR in future and want to get a second hand one which is cheaper, you can always go to the B&S section as fellow CSers take good care of their babes, but sure of what you want first. Since, you have purchased a Minolta camera, you might as well continue using minolta cos most of the lenses can be used on the Minolta DSLRs. Personally, I liked Minolta and i own a Minolta 505si too. Good luck and happy snapping. :thumbsup:

Halo fellow Minoltian,

welcome! welcome! Enjoy your stay here. It's a good start here.

Thanks guys that is what I need,a warm welcome.:D

y worry so much? buy 1st, tink later..
there is stil ppl buying 2nd hand DSLR, if not wat the use of B&S for?
i believe the LCD gonna last as long as it will even after u sell it.. (unless u abuse it)
DSLR value does drop quite fast as new 1 comes out quite fast too..

W.Kwai said:
Basically I know nothing about photography but intent to pickup this wonderful hobby and for a start I had bought my self a 2nd hand Minolta Dynax 800si, before I sign up for
SLCC: 32th Basic Photography Course , I’m not sure I did the right thing but after I got my 800si I notices people are going for DSLR which I find it a pieces of electronic products
dose it carry any value in terms of collection, to my understanding a SLR will still fetch some money provided it still functioning as a DSLR the LCD do carry a life span, will people go for a 2nd hand DSLR? Please enlighten me ….. .:)
For budget wise and if you do not need the latest technology. :)

Welcome welcome! Enjoy your stay. I've been on this for a while actually, but have only been lurking and shopping! Today, out of complete boredom, I've decided to contribute a wee bit, making me a noob too i suppose! :rolleyes:

W.Kwai said:

welcome to cs :thumbsup:

W.Kwai said:
First, let me welcome you to clubsnap where wannabees and the pros mingle. In general DSLR 'depreciate' over time as it is also a piece of equipment like handphones. Even for SLRs, only certain models command prices. The consumer models does not have much value left over time. Sometimes, when new DSLR models come out, older models prices may drop . If you think that the older model meets your need, you can buy 2nd hand bodies or lens provided that the shutter count is reasonable and good care if taken by previous owner. Of course, as with all electronics, when you buy a 2nd hand, the warranty may be over and if the electronics malfunction after you bought it for a month, then that will be just too bad :(

So the advice I have is to buy what you need, from basic first and then slowly build up your equipment as you go into more sophiscated ways of capturing photos. Most importantly, love what you do. :)

bluroom said:
Welcome welcome! Enjoy your stay. I've been on this for a while actually, but have only been lurking and shopping! Today, out of complete boredom, I've decided to contribute a wee bit, making me a noob too i suppose! :rolleyes:

every1 starts off as a noob also.. :D

Thanks guys I’m really appreciate and I believe I had come to the right place
Thanks again.:)

welcome to CS!! I am shooting film too.. but I am a CanonGrapher though.. nice to see you.. after shooting much on digital and on film using rented equipment, I realised that the 20D still cannot match my A2 in some ways.. :bsmilie: the only advantage of DSLR over SLR's are that they are cheaper in the long run, and they can provide feedback to see your angles.. not very accurate for telling your exposures though.. :bsmilie: but, anyway, welcome to CS.. no worries about being a newbie.. I am a newbie also.. and have fun with the course!

Status
Not open for further replies.