iLight at Marina Bay

mds80

Oct 12, 2011
Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, exposure, clarity in terms of focus, post-editing

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Show how beautiful Marina Bay when it is lit up during the iLight festival

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken using the kit lens in a single exposure at 24mm, ISO100, f11. I was also looking through the photos posted by other people on iLight and they seem to be a lot sharper in terms of focus. Have I been using wrong technique, or is it a limitation of the lens/camera? Btw this photo has been post-processed and sharpened yet it is still not as sharp compared to photos taken by others.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Quite good for a beginner but I still have some way to go and learn more about how to get the photo really sharp

_DSC0673_1 by mds8080, on Flickr

nicely exposed and composed but did not quite like that little bit of the Helix bridge sticking out the bottom left corner.... imho it actually detracts a good effort

i dont know if the body of water in foreground adds to the image either

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. Guess I was trying to include a foreground element that why there's part of the bridge sticking out but I do see it's quite distracting. As for the water, I thought the reflection of the lights on the surface added to the overall feel of the photo.

I'm no pro or anything but this is just my personal taste i guess... I would think that your trying to highlight the ASM and thus to match the projected image, maybe use WB to add a little blue to the picture?

Try to have some centre of focus so that people can admire here we tend to look all over