Ilford SFX 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
Hope to seek some advice from the people in CS...

1.) How much is 1 roll of Ilford SFX 200 from Ruby/in town?

2.) Isizt advisable to purchase film from the States through the Internet?

Thanks! :D

Regards,
-Michelle-

mich_2103 said:
Hey Everyone,
Hope to seek some advice from the people in CS...

1.) How much is 1 roll of Ilford SFX 200 from Ruby/in town?

2.) Isizt advisable to purchase film from the States through the Internet?

Thanks! :D

Regards,
-Michelle-
Don't know about the SG price for SFX-200, why not just call Ruby and ask them?

I'd be wary of buying film out of the states unless it's in commercial quantities because everything that is being posted these days is being X-rayed to bits by the post office dweebs and their ilk in the name of Global Paranoia in the alleged war against terrorism.

i think it costs $13 at ruby... that was the price i bought them at...
i have expired (sepetember 2003) sfx200 kept in refrigerator ever since. would you like to buy them? 3 rolls...

showtime said:
i think it costs $13 at ruby... that was the price i bought them at...
i have expired (sepetember 2003) sfx200 kept in refrigerator ever since. would you like to buy them? 3 rolls...
Hi showtime,
I think that would be great! I am terribly excited about trying out IR film! :D

Please read your PM as well. Thanks!

Regards,
-Michelle-

Hi,
Sorry, a few more questions about IR film again...

1.) Heard from somewhere (can't remember already) that certain cameras are not suitable for IR film, e.g., if you use IR film on them the film will probably be over-exposed or something. Is that true?

2.) Do I have to load the film into my camera using a dark bag because of the film's extra sensitivity to light?

Thanks for answering my queries!!! :D

Regards,
-Michelle-

to answer question 2,
ilford sfx 200 is a near infrared film and does not need to be loaded in a dark room or black bag...

other ir films like kodak HIE need the above mentioned.

mich_2103 said:
Hi,
Sorry, a few more questions about IR film again...

1.) Heard from somewhere (can't remember already) that certain cameras are not suitable for IR film, e.g., if you use IR film on them the film will probably be over-exposed or something. Is that true?

I have no idea for other cameras, but for most (if not all) Canon EOS cameras have a quirk with IR film. They don't cause the film to be overexposed, but because they use an IR mechanism to count the number of frames, they will fog the bottom of the IR film.

You camera manual should state that whether it can accept IR film or not. At least for my EOS 300 it does state that IR film is not recommended for use in this camera.

And if I'm not wrong, however, it only affects certain brands of IR films. Search the Internet for more details on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.