Ikebana Creations 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

malamute72

Aug 12, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
Hi all,

For those interested in photgraphing nice flowers creations and arrangements, there will be a Ikebana Creations (Japanese floral arrangement) Exhibition at the Grand Hyatt Singapore on the 6th to 8th October 2004.

This event is organised by the Singapore Sogetsu Association in aid of the NKF Chidren's Medical Fund. The entrance fee for this exhibition is $8 and if you do intend to bring your camera along, there will be a $10 camera fee. If anybody is interested in knowing more of the event and getting tickets, you can PM me for more details.

Ikebana originated as a means to display wild flowers in the tea ceremony room. Ikebana is the art of association of ideas and impressions of nature expressed through flowers. There are a few school of Ikebana and the above event is organised by the Sogetsu school of Ikebana. To knew more
about Ikebana, you can go to the following website for more information:

http://www.ikebana-arts.com/
and/or
http://www.ikebana.org/Events/Apr2003/Exhibits04052003.html

Hope you guys would appreciate the beautiful floral arrangements as much as the guys who created them. Cheers. :)

As there are people asking me for more details, I will post the answers here for the benefit of the others who may be interested.

The Ikebana exhibition will be opened to public on the follwoing days and times:

06/10/04 - 7pm to 9pm
07/10/04 - 10am to 9pm
08/10/04 - 10am to 8pm

Each ticket cost $8 and it is valid for one day only. The tickets can be bought at the entrance but if anybody is interested in getting the tickets now, you can get them from me. Just PM me your contacts. :)

There are about 80+ numbers floral arrangment display at the exhibition, and some of them will be beautifully created by the "sofus" (teachers) from Japan. Bring your tripods and flashes together with your cameras as each floral display is a photographic chance to capture the beautiful arrangements of flowers and plants. You will have to see them to really appreciate the beauty

In Ikebana, special consideration was given to the choice of plant, vase, placement of the branches, and the relationship of those branches with their environment and the chosen vase. Empty spaces, which form a part of the composition, were also dealt with creatively. It is this way that it differs from other known floral arrangement arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.