Ikea's Less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
in today's st, on page A28, ikea featured a angmo and a chinese girl covered only in carton. it seems that the recent naked couple at holland village has made their way into ikea!! haha!

Last edited:
They are the same meh?

in today's st, on page A28, ikea featured a angmo and a chinese girl covered only in carton. it seems that the recent naked couple at holland village has made their way into ikea!! haha!

vince, i am sure you would have noticed that these are said in jest. haha! again.

Orh sorry, I read it literally.

What did the couple buy at Ikea? They don't sell clothing?

HS

I think they bought boxes.

vote for Sion....he surely qualifies for the boxes ad.....he is trend-starter too...;)

Is it the same couple who went streaking in Holland V ? Seems to fit the bill - 1 caucasian and 1 asian.

female with china doll hairstyle(probably a wig), striking similiarities.

frankly, i think the ad is not creative... and not lasting. It aims for the shock and awe but doesnt leave a lasting impression... in my opinion.

frankly, i think the ad is not creative... and not lasting. It aims for the shock and awe but doesnt leave a lasting impression... in my opinion.

I thought it was a memorable ad.
the fact that someone started a thread about it is quite telling already =)
and it's done in a way that isn't shocking, just slightly cheeky.
anyway what is interesting is that the models are more dressed up than those women in the dieting ads. Just that a box around a body gives an impression of nudity. funny how that works...

Any idea if Ikea Sg uses an in house ad team or an external ad agency?

the couple(the holland village one) was produced before the court yesterday. the male, a swede exchange student. the female, a singaporean A star scholar.

Status
Not open for further replies.