Igneous Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimbijik

Dec 11, 2006
very far
This was shot near changi ferry terminal area. After the previous post here,took some valuable tips and this was one of the good ones.........anyway the picture in my opinion still need some more valuable critique.

Changi.jpg

what i have done is:-
1) framed it at vertical this time....firstly to try out and to venture more on vertical framing of landscape shot...and to give in to more foreground when the sky have not much to offer

2) I did not get the bubble leveller :)cry: boh lui liao) but use my AF points to level with the horizon as i think it will be troublesome to check the leveller while focussing. and i think the horizon is levelled..do you think so??

3)I put my ND grad filter slanted as the granite rock on my picture from left to right. gave it as similar to tobacco tint for the sunrise.

why it is titled as igneous fire......?? igneous is another name for the granite and fire is the sunrise....hmmm if i am not wrong granite are also called fire rocks...taken using 18-55 kit lens that's why got the light rays at the left corner cant be help :dunno:

What's the thing on the bottom left? Horizon looks ok, but there's still distortion - it's curved so can't really tell.

The thing is, your foreground has no real organisation, at least not that I can see, seems messy and cluttered; like you have placed foreground there for the sake of there being foreground.

What's the thing on the bottom left? Horizon looks ok, but there's still distortion - it's curved so can't really tell.

The thing is, your foreground has no real organisation, at least not that I can see, seems messy and cluttered; like you have placed foreground there for the sake of there being foreground.

slightly smaller rocks will be better, and get rid of that flare at the bottom left corner....

sorry for late reply, i got reservist :sweat: thanks for your comments night86mare & Octane69......yes i agree that the foreground is not organised or maybe its not interesting for you as the sky is also boring, agree?..the thing is the rocks there are all cluttered also very very slippery...I just wouldn't want to risk a fall with my equipment..its not that i am not adventurous enough but i am alone at the time and if i suffered a fall at that morning, no one would see me for a while.....I took many shots but all big rocks ley...the flare problem *sigh...i wont blame the kit lens..its me who did not clear it....i just have problems with photoshop...:sweatsm:

May look good if you crop away the bottom third of the photo.

Actually i feel big and disorganised rocks are quite nice.

I tried imagining without the rocks (or maybe smaller n lesser), den there would be more water, and the water looks boring to me.

:thumbsup: Looks good to me, only thing is the flare spoils the rocks, which is like in the foreground o_O so quite distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.