Ignatius and Yoke Yin

Status
Not open for further replies.
First... you might want to consider matching the colours of all the shots used, check your contrast and colours.

2ndly, lay out can be improved, a lot of pages have TOO much black surroundings.

Take some pride in wedding shots, it's not just a shoot for everyday.

espn said:
First... you might want to consider matching the colours of all the shots used, check your contrast and colours.

2ndly, lay out can be improved, a lot of pages have TOO much black surroundings.

Take some pride in wedding shots, it's not just a shoot for everyday.

thanks for the comments
looks like I need to work on my post processing.

I don't know why but it didn't occur to me that the contrast and colors were too muted in some places when I was doing this up.

I think you have focus too much on the morning session or groom. :bigeyes: You also have diverted too much to other people. A little may be good but not too much. Not seen much of the bride but too much on the groom. My opinion is usually 60% bride, 40% groom. The layout also look too plain and need some background if possible. This is jus my opinion and no offence here. :bsmilie:

The Oracle said:
I think you have focus too much on the morning session or groom. :bigeyes: You also have diverted too much to other people. A little may be good but not too much. Not seen much of the bride but too much on the groom. My opinion is usually 60% bride, 40% groom. The layout also look too plain and need some background if possible. This is jus my opinion and no offence here. :bsmilie:

none taken
funny story there :)
I was asked to cover the groom's side only as a favor and doing duty as the storming party.
Basically, I took for the groom's side and then I got out of the way of the main photographer, so for the full story, you have to see the ones that the other photographer did, which I don't have.

I hope people don't think I was the primary photographer on this. After the morning proceedings, I just relax already and let the main photographer do her job.

As for the layout, I agree that it is plain but I consider this a virgin effort with lots of room for improvement, so thanks for all the comments.

I will do away with "the guy on the phone" images. Seems weird to have so many phone photos. Try to capture more joy. It's a joyous occassion afterall. :)

there are some underexposed shots that should be corrected before u put them in, from pg 4 and pg 7, are the more obvious ones.
the layout isnt very flattering to the photos from my opinion.
the rest have been said by the others who posted before me.
anyways, good luck to your next one :)

i suppose it's fair that you are new and would like to accept comments on how to improve. but i feel that (anyone) posting up before having gone thru a "self-examination" is just waiting to be spoon-fed.

if you feel that u have done ur best and put it you best effort and have gone thru the first layer of "QC" which is by your own standard, then yes, by all means, post it up and get pointers.

sorree to sound harsh, but such work (both the images and presentation), backup photographer or not, is quite er... damn i'm trying to be tactful here... ahahah... the word is "undesirable". this is my opinion entirely, others or yourself might beg to differ.

true, we all have to start somewhere, but we all should also be our own harshest critic.

jOhO said:
i suppose it's fair that you are new and would like to accept comments on how to improve. but i feel that (anyone) posting up before having gone thru a "self-examination" is just waiting to be spoon-fed.

if you feel that u have done ur best and put it you best effort and have gone thru the first layer of "QC" which is by your own standard, then yes, by all means, post it up and get pointers.

sorree to sound harsh, but such work (both the images and presentation), backup photographer or not, is quite er... damn i'm trying to be tactful here... ahahah... the word is "undesirable". this is my opinion entirely, others or yourself might beg to differ.

true, we all have to start somewhere, but we all should also be our own harshest critic.

ok, really back to the drawing board.

looks like lots more to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.