If your pictures are used by some sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisa

Aug 13, 2004
I have some questions about this...

Let's say I allowed ppl to use my photos for their sites such as
a) Commercial sites,
b) non profit site and
c) Wikipedia?,

how can I

1) copy the page and post it in my flickr? and
2) will I be breaking any laws, if I do that?

Last edited:
upzzzzzzz

why don't you just post a link instead

I want to post pics of it... cause it might not a perm thing... :)

Plus I want to show off!!! hehe :lovegrin:

upzzz

to my understanding, you still the rightful owner of the images, if you granted them to use the images on their site, unless you already sold off the (rights of) images.

however, you can let them know your intention of showing "the whole page with your image in it" in your site, if they are ok with your the idea, since you don't own the rest of the page content beside your image.

to be safe, just put a link to tell others that your images in appear or use in this site.

then post screen capture + link

to my understanding, you still the rightful owner of the images, if you granted them to use the images on their site, unless you already sold off the (rights of) images.

however, you can let them know your intention of showing "the whole page with your image in it" in your site, if they are ok with your the idea, since you don't own the rest of the page content beside your image.

to be safe, just put a link to tell others that your images in appear or use in this site.

Thank you for the help given. :)

BTW how do u do a post screen capture?

Hi Nisa,

Actually, how do you do a sreen capture as a jpeg?

The last time sumwan did it, he like pressed 2 or 3 keys and it was done!

Thank you for the help given. :)

BTW how do u do a post screen capture?

Hi Nisa,

When you are at the screen you want to capture, just press the print screen button on your keyboard. Then go to Microsoft Paint. Paste what you just copied and save as .jpeg :)

Be aware that only what you see on the screen will be captured.

the are some screen capture freewares available from download.com

you can use a marquee tool to select area you want to capture, hit print screen to capture it, locate the image file and upload,

do note some software able to let you resize the capture image in photoshop, some don't, cause once you downsize, the images are not very clear.

if you are using a mac, try the grab utility
and write to the website owners about your intentions, i am sure they won't mind the extra publicity and the link to their site

the are some screen capture freewares available from download.com

you can use a marquee tool to select area you want to capture, hit print screen to capture it, locate the image file and upload,

do note some software able to let you resize the capture image in photoshop, some don't, cause once you downsize, the images are not very clear.

I will take a look into it. Thank you. Most likely I will use the Print screen method, cause it's just a "see i done it" thing.

if you are using a mac, try the grab utility
and write to the website owners about your intentions, i am sure they won't mind the extra publicity and the link to their site

I'm not a mac user. I will definitely give a link to their site... but do I REALLY have to inform them my intentions?

screen capture key is on your top right of your keyboards.

Thank you.... it's the "print screen / sysrq" button right?

Hi Nisa,

DM geeezz thanks for the help! :p

When you are at the screen you want to capture, just press the print screen button on your keyboard. Then go to Microsoft Paint. Paste what you just copied and save as .jpeg

Be aware that only what you see on the screen will be captured.

okie Thank you!

Din know you into modelling now. :bigeyes:

Where to see the pics?

Wa piang this type of :ipuke: thing... u still can suggest some more!!!

i was browsing thru threads and i have a qn, but i gotta ask it here...

why do people put
"upzzz" ?

what does it mean?

If you notice, there's a "new posts" link. Everytime someone posts something, the thread gets bumped up to the front of the "line", so to speak, and more people will see it. The "uppz" is to "up" the thread without posting other content.

Status
Not open for further replies.