if you work your whole life, you should be able to retire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
not both husband and wife work the whole life. In fact some or my wife never worked and 100% take care of the children. Therefore 165,000 for one person enough to live after retirement? Which I am in this stage. CPF requires only 120,000 at that time I start withdraw the monthly payment. It is less than 600 a month.

I am lucky that children is supportive to the family so we can live normally. I see some family in my situation and work force is the wife and after retirement children still young or not doing well enough to support their parents, would the 165,000 enough to continue to support the children?

and the list go one....

if you hv already worked your WHOLE life, your retirement would be most likely in a coffin.
Since you hv already worked yr whole life.
big joke.

So irony, I talked to a taxi driver asking how much he is earning, And he complained he got no cpf. Some ppl just like to complain, got cpf kpkb saying this is no his $$, no cpf also kpkb. As if he got 0control of his life

Work lest your brain turn to jelly. I plan on working till I drop. God always feeds the birds right? But what if the bird decided one day "Oh I retire to this nice penthouse branch"? I'm just saying... :)

Now when I am 64 and my back is broken and I can't move...will you still need me will you still feed me??? I may be singing a different tune... LOL

I want to believe most Singaporeans are the same except to the higher in one group. It is not what is balance in your cpf that can support your retirement but the inflation rate. Whatever you have planned may not work given the 'justufications' for price increase. What you have is getting g smaller by the days.

So irony, I talked to a taxi driver asking how much he is earning, And he complained he got no cpf. Some ppl just like to complain, got cpf kpkb saying this is no his $$, no cpf also kpkb. As if he got 0control of his life

Yeah so true. Those who chose to be self-employed have the choice to decide how much CPF to contribute, which is exactly what some non self-employed people would like. Haha. They should swap sides to see if the grass is really greener.

Last edited:
The minister is not wrong generally....if couple work till retire...the monthly withdrawal from the minimum sum will let them live in dignity and have a peace of mind for the rest of their life...provided the house if fully paid and have enough medical coverage :cool:

Lucky for you you're in Oklahoma and not Singapolahoma. :bsmilie:

I'm not counting on anything from these morons I live with over here in Oklahoma...lol

Singapolahoma has a nice ring to it I like it! We were once Indian Territory until they discovered oil then we became a state (imagine that)...now we speak Spanglish - Como esta usted senor? Bueno! lol...so why not throw in some Singlish? I'll sponsor you come on we'll enjoy our retirement together watching the world spin round like it has done forever and a day! Lots of nice lakes and good fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.