If you suddenly die, what would happen to all your camera equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallpaper

Apr 14, 2003
sengkang
Visit site
Alright guys, this thought has been swimming in my head for ages. Say, if something unfortunate happen to any of you (touch wood), what do you think will be the most likely fate for your expensive camera and equipment?

Some examples,

1) Your family members keep it inside a closet to collect dust.

2) Your girlfriend sell it in Buy/Sell forum at CS.

3) Some unlucky guy in CS ends up buying your camera.

Kept in the closet till it gathers enuff dust and mould to spoil it like my dad's x-700, or till the day my sis decides to use it and spoilts it eventually..

Either one.

and you can just kinda picture the lawyer at the office reading out the will..going like: " And the 1Dx goes to...."

The daughters in the family (no offence but that's the way the traditional patriachal family hierachy works) will probably get things like the LCD hood or sanyo batteries/quick charger.

Originally posted by wallpaper
Alright guys, this thought has been swimming in my head for ages. Say, if something unfortunate happen to any of you (touch wood), what do you think will be the most likely fate for your expensive camera and equipment?

Some examples,

1) Your family members keep it inside a closet to collect dust.

2) Your girlfriend sell it in Buy/Sell forum at CS.

3) Some unlucky guy in CS ends up buying your camera.

First question need to ask. Do you have an expensive equipments in the first Place?:D

Cheers.:cool:

"I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal."

;)

Probably tossed to one corner until some kind soul discovers what to do with it. Not everyone's a photo buff.
:D

if I suddenly die, why would I care about my camera stuff? or my pc? or my clothes or anything else material?
I will most likely not be floating around saying "gimme back my camera" to the poor chap who took over..
more likely I will hang around in anguish that my sudden demise has left my family in shock, and other loved ones...

of course I am not a photojournalist in pyongyang now or china... so I suppose my camera stuff wd be lying somewhere forgotten..

My camera will probably be buried somewhere in my room with the rest of my rubbish...

my NOK will probably take the pile of equipment and gear in my room and auction it off or something and donate the money to charity (i hope). i hope they keep my photos though. who knows they might get some posthumous value when i pass away....

actually if I die, I wouldn't bother liao cos I am dead & these are just things I have.

well or maybe the family could sell off the cameras and help pay the tax on ur estate when u die.
alot of pple think if they die thats it but if u dun have enuff $ left to pay off the debts on ur estate its ur family who suffers

I guess my parents would probably give them away to anyone who wants them.
Hmm..maybe I should set a will.It's not that my cameras worth a fortune,but they meant something to me. :angel:

I think Mystix actually has a valid point there, even after you die, you can still help lessen the pain by providing what you can offer to your loved ones. Kudos to that.:thumbsup:

Ask them to burn my camera, so I can use it in da afterworld...:D

Joke aside...Maybe ask my family to keep it in a special place to remind them of those happy memories with me...:cry:

My kit is going in 3 directions when i peg out.

Some to my PA
Most to auction (for charity)
Some to family members.

All listed and tied up in my will.

My friend. Not just expensive camera and equipment. Is All. Everything you have, you have 2 put down. Nothing will follow you. As u came to this world, u didn't bring anything. As u go, same as what u are came from. Is Nothing. So ( Touch Wood ). Use your camera most out of the days, months and Year. Shoot as many digital Pictures. If the day had come...you have play more than what you need. So try tay put yourself, nobody like to go off just a click. The world is small and getting smaller. The Sun is Hot, and continue to burn our country. Times is short, look around, who are u going to speak like a froum? Who are u going to take nice photos?. Times is running out.

I hope everybody in here as good as the forum. Never say never goodbye again.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.