If You Put That Picture On The Internet I’ll Call My Lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, these people who claim they have "lawyers" don't in fact have one. Their "lawyers" are usually just a figment of their imagination.

Even if they indeed do have a lawyer, it is very unlikely they will pay rates of a few hundred dollars an hour, for a minor thing like this.

Yeah
Some even talk like they KNOW the law when they couldnt even know where to find
such info, let alone know anything about law.............

nice pic, if only the finger isnt hiding part of the face. maybe i shld do some like this too ... :cool:

So long as you can substantiate what you say, and not descend to a "see who got more qualifications" and then lagi worse, end up backfiring cos the guy you accused actually had them :p

Pardon me, so is it legal to take a person's picture, with him/her noticing and demanding you to delete and you ignoring that?

Though most of the times under that circumstance you'd probably comply with their wish.

My view is that you can, so long as publication of that photograph will not lead to other grounds of action such as defamation or outrage of modesty etc.

A straight up photo of a person per se garners no legal liability that I am aware of.

Accordingly, the subject therefore has no legal rights to insist that you demand that you delete the picture. If he attempts to snatch the camera from you and forcibly deleting it himself, he will then expose himself to a slew of legal liabilities, both criminal and civil in nature.

Pardon me, so is it legal to take a person's picture, with him/her noticing and demanding you to delete and you ignoring that?

Though most of the times under that circumstance you'd probably comply with their wish.

In other countries, they have very strict laws regarding privacy. So much so that in some cases, you'll notice that cars do not have licence plates on the front bumper, because traffic/speed cameras may only photograph a car from behind, to protect the identity of the driver. Imagine, even their gahmen mata cannot take their photo! So it is very well possible for someone to sue your pants off for taking his picture, especially if it so happens to be on private property.

Here in Sg, is different. Like someone already mentioned, taking pics of ppl is not against the law (provided you don't defame the person). This is why sites like sggirls.com can still continue to operate. The last I checked, lah.

In other countries, they have very strict laws regarding privacy. So much so that in some cases, you'll notice that cars do not have licence plates on the front bumper, because traffic/speed cameras may only photograph a car from behind, to protect the identity of the driver. Imagine, even their gahmen mata cannot take their photo! So it is very well possible for someone to sue your pants off for taking his picture, especially if it so happens to be on private property.

Here in Sg, is different. Like someone already mentioned, taking pics of ppl is not against the law (provided you don't defame the person). This is why sites like sggirls.com can still continue to operate. The last I checked, lah.

haha like your finishing sentence..

Status
Not open for further replies.