If You Own Sanyo Batts, Pls Read This ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
Yo brothers/ sisters of CS

With reference to this http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1610883#post1610883

Excerpts from SANYO's reply on the SANYO 's 2500 mah batts rapid discharge issue :

Thank you very much for your feedback.
My name is Mr. ??????, in charge of Sanyo brand consumer battery.

First of all, we are very sorry for dissappinting you for this problem.

If you have a time, can I have your battery and charger for us to try ?
In the mean time, we will supply you the replacement.

.................................. We want to hear more about this problems.

Once again, we are sorry for this problems.

Unquote

SANYO has just replied me and was very apologetic about the inconvenience caused. Although they are offering immediate replacement, they want to get to the root of the problem and continue to offer trustworthy batts for photographers during their shoots.

Pls give the following as soon as possible :

1. Approx. date of purchase
2. Number of batts bought
3. Type of batts bought
4. WORK WEEK engraved on your batts
5. Type and model of charger used
6. REAL NAME
7. REAL CONTACT NUMBER

Alright .... I need all these details to be emailed to me at veefiles@walla.com. In view of your privacy, email is best as they should contact you directly for a replacement. No point going through me. I would need to submit a list of those who were affected and NOT affected by the discharge issue with the same details. I am sure they are sincere about this. Let us do our part. I will keep this request for info till end of this month.

Should you read this after end of this month, drop me an email and I will advise you accordingly. If they can give us a feasible and permanent solution, I am sure we will continue to support SANYO in their constant drive to develop longer lasting batts for photographers like us.

Cheers !!!!
:lovegrin:

p.s. Dun start a list here lah ..... Based on the amount of people affected, it could be endless. Recently, PETF69 had battery leak on his SANYO batts..I wonder if it is a stray case

shoot....just obtain some feedback that WALLA is rejecting some of your emails as SPAM :bigeyes:

I am so sorry about that. If you cant get through to me, then drop a note here. My PM is almost full..so some lucky ones were able to reach me. As for me, I will just get my replacement shortly and update this thread accordingly. Of cos, I will monitor the new replacements too. :sweat:

Cheers !
:)

Thanks for the emails ....

BUMP this up to create awareness. If you are keen to get your faulty batts replaced after they conduct an investigation, just drop me an email ......

FYI, I dun get ath out from this. Since I am getting my batt issue solved, I am just offering to feedback all similar problems of affected users back to SANYO :)

Cheers!

Think I got 16 pcs from batch 05-01-0A
and 8 pcs from other batches
Tested got the problem for 05-01-0A, other haven't test yet.

All can be exchange?

donchua said:
Think I got 16 pcs from batch 05-01-0A
and 8 pcs from other batches
Tested got the problem for 05-01-0A, other haven't test yet.

All can be exchange?

Well, if you want them all exchange, just tell them that they give you problem lo ;p . Once SANYO investigates and understands our situation, they would offer alternative. I mean they sounded very positive in their reply to me and want to meet up with me. I will meet up with the Japanese Manager in charge of these batteries and inform him that there are a lot of photographers here who needs replacement.....which explains y I am compiling a list so that they can contact all of you directly once they have a solution. Logically, if they do a mass recall, they would need replacement.....so they probably need to know how much damage control they need :devil:

THANK U VER MUCH AhV!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i have 4 pcs & batch is 05-01-0A. using the maha MH-C401FS charger. my older 2300mAH & 2100mAH have no problems using the same charger. these 2500mAH ones discharge very quickly on its own.

nightpiper said:
THANK U VER MUCH AhV!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i have 4 pcs & batch is 05-01-0A. using the maha MH-C401FS charger. my older 2300mAH & 2100mAH have no problems using the same charger. these 2500mAH ones discharge very quickly on its own.

Dude, remember to drop me an email to give me REAL NAME and CONTACT DETAILS. If not, where on earth can they reach you ? :bsmilie:

AhV said:
Dude, remember to drop me an email to give me REAL NAME and CONTACT DETAILS. If not, where on earth can they reach you ? :bsmilie:

wanted to drop u an email but what's ur addr? since ur PM is full, how about dropping me a PM with ur email instead.

so sorry for the trouble & thx u very much. :D

nightpiper said:
wanted to drop u an email but what's ur addr? since ur PM is full, how about dropping me a PM with ur email instead.

so sorry for the trouble & thx u very much. :D

dude, it is in my first post...u never read ? veefiles@walla.com ....if kena rejected as SPAM, then you drop me a PM lo :)

nikonsiao said:
04-10 SI

anyone got problem with this batch? some of mine batts have problem, some don't. can i still feedback and let you know, mr ah V?

Well, if you feel that some are alright, then identify the 'faulty' ones. I would have thot u bought them in fours. So, it should either work as a set or NOT work as a set. I will leave it up to you. When you drop me an email, state how many need to be replaced :) Maybe they will find more from you as you ve BOTH good and bad ones. They probably will want to know y some of your batts are working properly e.g. difference in handling :think: So, do give me details of the WORKING batch too ...meaning they should hold their charge for a reasonable time. For e.g. when I had my batts for the first time, I could take almost > 70 rolls of film on a film camera before a need to recharge unlike now, I cant even take a roll if I had charged them a fews day before :sweat:

AhV said:
Well, if you want them all exchange, just tell them that they give you problem lo ;p . Once SANYO investigates and understands our situation, they would offer alternative. I mean they sounded very positive in their reply to me and want to meet up with me. I will meet up with the Japanese Manager in charge of these batteries and inform him that there are a lot of photographers here who needs replacement.....which explains y I am compiling a list so that they can contact all of you directly once they have a solution. Logically, if they do a mass recall, they would need replacement.....so they probably need to know how much damage control they need :devil:

Ok, I will go thru all my batts and drop you a mail...
Thanks.

AhV said:
Well, if you feel that some are alright, then identify the 'faulty' ones. I would have thot u bought them in fours. So, it should either work as a set or NOT work as a set. I will leave it up to you. When you drop me an email, state how many need to be replaced :) Maybe they will find more from you as you ve BOTH good and bad ones. They probably will want to know y some of your batts are working properly e.g. difference in handling :think: So, do give me details of the WORKING batch too ...meaning they should hold their charge for a reasonable time. For e.g. when I had my batts for the first time, I could take almost > 70 rolls of film on a film camera before a need to recharge unlike now, I cant even take a roll if I had charged them a fews day before :sweat:

thanks ah V for explaining. i will go back and check all my 24 batts. i will email after i checked everyone of them using voltmeter after 1 week of no use after charging.
you are the man...:thumbsup:

given the rather widespread problem of the 2500mAh batts, sanyo might do a mass product recall for them. i tink using a voltmeter does not really tell about the batt condition. it just say about the voltage and does not really tell about the residual capacity of the batt after standing for sometime.

Thanks for the effort AhV!!! :cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

Will go home and check my batts and email/PM you.

user12343 said:
given the rather widespread problem of the 2500mAh batts, sanyo might do a mass product recall for them. i tink using a voltmeter does not really tell about the batt condition. it just say about the voltage and does not really tell about the residual capacity of the batt after standing for sometime.

sorry to OT, if i measure the voltage after charging and then measure again after a few days, will it tell me anything about the capacity of the batt. if not, what other ways can i use?

normally i can fire up to 300 shots if i use after charging, if i leave it for a few days i find that i can't fire up to 300 shots...

thanks for yr help.

omg just got my sanyo batts yesterday

sinori said:
omg just got my sanyo batts yesterday

er... this is a known problem ...mayb u r the lucky few who wont face this issue...anyway, try to use them and monitor the charge .... I will only close the list at the end of this month. If SANYO can identify some links to the batts, we will probably just return them for a replacement with no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.