If you like her, pls vote for my junior .....


Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#1
Ok.... we are down to the final two. Jia Li aka Kelly and Wei Lian aka Kelvin/ Calvin.

Having seen her progress thru' the competition, I just thot I need to do my part as her senior academically or musically. She graduated from our alma mater in 2004 and was also part of the unplugged scene during her early days - early twentieth century.

I know Xinhui came across better vocally due to good choice of songs and voice control in the female category. Well, life is never fair, right ? Popularity still counts ...

During my early days as an aspiring singer, I have shared the same classroom with Stephanie Sun and 4 other prettier young ladies with stronger and clearer vocals. Why was Stephanie selected as the next 'superstar' ? Simple ... Stephanie has the "X" factor, which I also noticed at that point in time. FYI, it took my school (LWSSOM) almost two years to 'package' her for the Taiwan and local market.

Anyway, I hope Kelly fulfills her dream to be the next superstar. Of cos, I have to admit she still needs polishing. She is a rare gem - I mean having cleared all 'hurdles' .... give her some time lo. For some of us who had taken singing lessons, we din pay the price of a 1D MKII and learn nothing. In reality, when you thot you could sing well, you would know you were nothing after you go through proper singing lessons. There are so much to look out for when you sing A SONG and I am sure the judges have highlighted enough to Kelly. She may not have corrected all of them as bad habits need to be replaced by good singing habits progressively ;p She is still young ...so time will show


No obligation .... Just a gentle reminder to vote for her if you like her. If you like to shoot her before she becomes THE SUPERSTAR, drop me an email as my PM is almost FULL :lovegrin: No guarantee tho....provided her schedule permits. If there is sufficient response, i will sound her out :)

If any1 of you wanna discuss MUSIC or SINGING rather than photography at times, feel free to drop me an email at veefiles@yahoo.co.uk. When I am not shooting, I would be singing or playing some piece of music on my guitar or keyboard..wanna join me ?


So, like they always say on TV "PROJECT SUPERSTAR, GOT YOU, THEN GOT HIM/ HER" :bsmilie:


THANK YOU FOR READING ............. UPzzz for Kelly !!!
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#2
Wa...there are a lot 'Hoo Ha' about the results last night :confused: in other forums today. JY's loss was a major upset too for many.

Just curious .... how many of us are with Kelly ? Some claimed XH only managed to 'perform' during the last few rounds :think: IMHO, I thot XH did well.

Some were pissed with what SP was doing for their ex and current students ?


Some claimed this competition is 'fixed' ? cant be, right ? :sweat:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#3
In the dark dank side of the entertainment world, everything goes bro. :sweat:

Anyway, I dun watch this superstar thing, so I wun noe abt it. :D
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#4
Hmmm..heard Kelvin's CD version of TONG2HUA4 over the radio just now ...sounded good .. alot of feel ..well, he is just different

More interesting facts revealed in other forums...some claimed Judge Peifen is a 'copycat'..duh... she tends to replicate comments of the judge before her :bsmilie:

The judges with substance will definitely be Li Weisong and Xu Changde ( last judge ) :thumbsup:

Sep 1 is in 2 weeks time .... UPzz for Kelly :lovegrin:
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#6
Paul_Yeo said:
I will buy her CD :cool:

Thanks for your support ! :)

I hope she gives u guys / fans her best performance on Sep 1. I have seen her grow from a SYT to a Superstar wannabe ...... ;)
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#7
AhV u also can discuss music and singing one ar?
u can teach vocal or not ??

:)
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#8
simon80 said:
AhV u also can discuss music and singing one ar?
u can teach vocal or not ??

:)


No problem.... U want to cut CD also can..but you pay :bsmilie: .... Have you been to a recording studio ? damn cool ... I mean those big names one..... some recording artistes fly all the way here to use our recording studio facilities..... it's so big ...it can record an orchestra !


Seriously, I can give you pointers lo ....FOC ..just need to hear you sing your favourite song ..... I have spent a '1D MKII' in the late nineties learning from LWS..... some may say I was 'siao' but heck..our singing have improved by folds :sticktong
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#9
wah ..
can learn photography and vocal from u .. 1 stone 2 birds
:bsmilie:

I use to swim really often .. And i mean few times a week to train my breath
hehe ..

yet to been to a recording studio ..
but got to know this guy called ROY from PUSH music during my NS days

HE got a little cafe, like uplugged cafe style, inside a community center and held performances 2-3 times a month. Quite talented, write and compose and teaches vocal as well..

Still waiting for him to ORD .. then can teach me to sing better

Maybe next time can check out his performances together ..
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#10
simon80 said:
wah ..
can learn photography and vocal from u .. 1 stone 2 birds
:bsmilie:

I use to swim really often .. And i mean few times a week to train my breath
hehe ..

yet to been to a recording studio ..
but got to know this guy called ROY from PUSH music during my NS days

HE got a little cafe, like uplugged cafe style, inside a community center and held performances 2-3 times a month. Quite talented, write and compose and teaches vocal as well..

Still waiting for him to ORD .. then can teach me to sing better

Maybe next time can check out his performances together ..


sure ..no prob, bro ..I know such talents too ....in fact, lots of them... so I will usually join them for a song or two if I happen to be nearby while they are performing :)

Upzz for KELLY :lovegrin:
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,468
3
38
36
#11
AhV said:
Wa...there are a lot 'Hoo Ha' about the results last night :confused: in other forums today. JY's loss was a major upset too for many.

Just curious .... how many of us are with Kelly ? Some claimed XH only managed to 'perform' during the last few rounds :think: IMHO, I thot XH did well.

Some were pissed with what SP was doing for their ex and current students ?


Some claimed this competition is 'fixed' ? cant be, right ? :sweat:
I'm a Kelly kia. :lovegrin: Xin Hui was the better singer last night but Kelly still won. :D
 

tan131

Senior Member
Oct 26, 2003
2,205
1
38
36
www.flickr.com
#12
I am one who also graduated from SP in 2002. Frankly speaking, I'm disguested by the institution's participation in this. Why would an educational institution get itself involved in soliciting votes for its ex student. Making use of its vast database of students as reported in the papers, really makes me wonder what kind of stand the institution is taking. I dun see them advertising for each and every business its ex student has started or opened.

Sigh~

ps: I dun see NUS or NTU doing the same...
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#14
Ihave to agree with some of you to a certain extent on what my alma mater is doing. I guess there should be no obligation to vote but just creating awareness is fine with me :)



Heard over the radio that sale of Kelly's single is doing well :lovegrin:


I have bought my copy ... How about you ? :p
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,468
3
38
36
#15
AhV said:
Ihave to agree with some of you to a certain extent on what my alma mater is doing. I guess there should be no obligation to vote but just creating awareness is fine with me :)



Heard over the radio that sale of Kelly's single is doing well :lovegrin:


I have bought my copy ... How about you ? :p
Haven't buy yet. Waiting for the next Kelly autograph session then buy. ;)
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#16
Upzzz for my junior !!! :lovegrin: The competition is this thurs !


Do remember to vote if you like her or her singing :)
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#20
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
how come AhV not doing MO for the CD? ;p

ai yo ..dun tempt me leh :kok:


Against CS's guideines ...skal-ly MODS come and

AhV ----> :hammer: <---MODS ...."KNS, know the rules and still break them"


Back to the topic,..aunties have more $$$ to vote ? So, Kelly might not win ? Oh well, UPzz for my Junior :lovegrin: VOTE FOR HER IF YOU LIKE HER

Tomorrow "de day" u noe...... adapted from "tomorrow going u noe?" Mac's ad :sticktong
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom