Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowcrash

Jan 18, 2002
Western SG
Visit site
on the table besides the tray...

and you when back to Burger King 1/2 an hour later and it's gone...

What is most likely to happen? True story...

... reminds me of an incident couple months back ....

Saw a wallet on the road behind me (was at the bus stop behind Orchard MRT), picked it up and found no mobile number.

Since the owner's surname was not very common, I searched the yellow pages online for the similar home address and residential number. Managed to locate it within 5 minutes and rang him up at home. Arranged to meet the next day to return the wallet.

End of story.

there was once that i left my metz 54 MZ3 at starbucks next to cathay marina at 6pm.

i return the next morning to find the crew manager returning the set to me. very grateful to him.

his name is fernandez.

I also got bad experience last Sat, I lost my newly bought SK9 Nikon Flash Bracket on the way home from CP. I lost it on bus 166, I think it must be dropped from my bag's side pocket. I tried to call SBS AMK interchange but no reply until now........what a heart pain! :cry:

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
highly unlikely that u will get it back.

regards

Wallet with credit cards, atm cards, NRIC, ez-link and CASH....

few months back... my frd met mi at one of e pool saloon i always visit... she bought mi 2 baileys from DFS for mi to make cakes.. god damn it.. i left it there. went back 10 mins ltr.. it was gone... *sighz*

Left my wallet at the Mac at Queensway Shopping Centre once. Realized it like 20 mins later and went back.

Table was already occupied by 2 JC girls. I looked around them and even under the table... Lucky they didn't think I was trying to catch some upskirt. One of them realised what I was doing and took my wallet out from her bag. I must have pushed my wallet off the table and it landed on the ledge right beside it. I supposed she was planning to bring it to the police station? Anyway I got my wallet back and I was glad. I thanked them profusely and rushed off coz got class. True story, lucky me.

I think we have to be more cautious about our own things....once you lost it need some luck or miracle to get it back.

This remained me about accident in my fitness club end of april. My key wallet is look like small fold wallet......usualy I always keep it in my pocket after I opnend my locker in the changing room. But that day I put it on the bench and I change my clothes when I turned my back, voila! the key wallet is missing.......furthermore the club fine me because I lost the towel card inside my key wallet.
I must call locksmith and change my room key set........

I got few bad lucks lately........

never happened to me b4 leh.. so got no true stories to tell.

however i've left my handphone on the table of a cafe i patronised, was alfresco style, so anyone walking past could have taken it, and yeah so i didn't get my handphone back. :angry:

u all left it behind but how many pple throw their wallet away:) ? beat this

was at macs in jc days ....quite some time ago at parkway and left wallet on tray and ate and talk and was covered with tissue and forgot and happily emptied tray into dustbin MYSELF!!!

went to busstop and no bus pass and realised must be macs..
dig dustbin and found it....lucky no stain also!

champs duh?;)

My story lagi best....

Went to gym. Left my handphone in the gym toilet and then realised 10 minutes later. Saw 2 teenagers and a 25 year old guy inside but they say never see. No choice lor. cannot search bag. Later after the teenagers left, the 25 year old come and tell me he suspect the teenagers of taking the handphone.

This aroused my suspicion and I followed him when he left the gym. I told him to just return the phone and I will let the thing pass. He kept insisting he didn't take it and went into a cab. I was with a friend and we decided to get in with him. We took a chance and dared him to go to a nearby police post. He actually went with us.

To cut a long story short, he did take the handphone. On top of that, he tried to dispose of it in a dustbin in view of the police. He also insulted the malay officer by saying that he will only talk to Chinese officer. In the end, that guy ended up in a jail cell because the police pressed charges even though I refused to do so. I still feel it was only a small matter.

So...if you take something that doesn't belong to you, it is considered as CRIMINAL MISAPPROPRIATION. There is no such thing as finder's keepers in Singapore law. Just make sure you dun get caught if you choose to keep it.

BTW, I was surprised to read in the newspapers 6 months later that this same guy pushed a girl in front of a vehicle during a dispute and the girl suffered serious head injuries. He is in jail for the long term now.

wah... bad, nasty man.

well i guess if u're "evil" at heart, u're gonna get ur just desserts sooner or later.

(the YOU is arbitrary hor)

:D

ERrr, i think i am the worst among u guys. Lost my C2100 camera plus handphone just last sunday. Left it on cab at 11pm only realized it at 1am immediately called hp but no answer. Do u guys stick IDs on your beloved cameras?
Still no news today....... Anybody lose something more precious than this? :bheart:

abit OT ...

Anyway, few years back... i dropped my wallet in No.195 bus going towards Marina side....That was during Chinese new yr..with all ang baos and $$$....ic and stuffs..

Then next morning, NPC called me....saying that i have to go down to PASIR RIS NPC to claim my wallet ... I was wondering how the heck my wallet ended up in PASIR RIS, when the bus is heading to MARINA .... Wallet found back...only IC intact. Sorry for the poor england.:D

Originally posted by Wai
out of all things...most important is IC and CC intact

P.S. so fast wake up to go work liao?

I feel if you ever lose a wallet with Credit Cards or Debit Cards inside.

Even if you got it back, you should report it lost and replace your cards as soon as possible.

The reason is, during the span of time it was lost. The card details may have been copied down by some one else or even photocopied both sides.

There was a lady who wrote to Straits Times complaining that she bought a handphone at a WyWy shop and the salesman photocopied her Citibank credit card both sides, claiming it was necessary.

When she called Citibank later, the bank officer replied she has to cancel the card immediately as the credit card details have been known to others.

Those of you who have done internet transactions will know that to make the transactions you need

a) credit card number
b) Type (Visa, mastercard, diners, amex..etc)
c) Name of cardholder
d) Card expiry month and year.
e) the 3-digit number under the magnetic strip behind the card
f) Name of issuing bank and telephone no. (some websites only, as a security measure)

So, If the person copied the details from your card or photocopied it, he can return it to you with a smile on his face, but then use the details to buy a big ticket items like a Canon 1Ds? from the website and you will not know. (unless the 1Ds is above your credit limit. :D )

Since he uses all your details correctly and if you did not report your card lost, the bank will assume you did the transaction and it is difficult to prove it's a fraud.

Originally posted by Winston
I feel if you ever lose a wallet with Credit Cards or Debit Cards inside.

Even if you got it back, you should report it lost and replace your cards as soon as possible.

The reason is, during the span of time it was lost. The card details may have been copied down by some one else or even photocopied both sides.

There was a lady who wrote to Straits Times complaining that she bought a handphone at a WyWy shop and the salesman photocopied her Citibank credit card both sides, claiming it was necessary.

When she called Citibank later, the bank officer replied she has to cancel the card immediately as the credit card details have been known to others.

Those of you who have done internet transactions will know that to make the transactions you need

a) credit card number
b) Type (Visa, mastercard, diners, amex..etc)
c) Name of cardholder
d) Card expiry month and year.
e) the 3-digit number under the magnetic strip behind the card
f) Name of issuing bank and telephone no. (some websites only, as a security measure)

So, If the person copied the details from your card or photocopied it, he can return it to you with a smile on his face, but then use the details to buy a big ticket items like a Canon 1Ds? from the website and you will not know. (unless the 1Ds is above your credit limit. :D )

Since he uses all your details correctly and if you did not report your card lost, the bank will assume you did the transaction and it is difficult to prove it's a fraud.
need to photocopy meh? when they have a copy of tt transaction statement?

Originally posted by RuthBaby
few months back... my frd met mi at one of e pool saloon i always visit... she bought mi 2 baileys from DFS for mi to make cakes.. god damn it.. i left it there. went back 10 mins ltr.. it was gone... *sighz*

Is the people at the counter drunk when you ask them? If yes, then it's not them :x

Status
Not open for further replies.