If you left your wallet in Burger King

IF you left your wallet in Burger King, you will be able to find it:-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by beivied

about the wallet, how come the person left his phone number hah?

He left his name and contact number with the police for the record i think.

BTW, the NPP nowadays better service.

compare to 2 years back... when my dad went missing (alzheimer diease)...the service back then....(that's another story)

wa lao, praise you for nothing. you sliced up your pic of merlion and pieced it back again. something like that... thats called cubism. unless i saw wrongly la.

It doesn't make much sense to me but nevermind, I take it as a compliment. :p

snow>>>> so have you called him to thank him?

jas>>>> yes, it was supposed to be a compliment of some sort ^_^

Last year I left my tripod in a playground while in Perth for a holiday. Did not realized I didn't bring it along when I drove off until 9 hours later. Went back to find that the tripod was extended fully, and placed neatly in a prominent location.

Might not be so lucky if it's in Singapore.

snow>>>> so have you called him to thank him?

jas>>>> yes, it was supposed to be a compliment of some sort ^_^

Called the home number, but He wasn't home. Left my contact number with the lady who answered.

I think in Singapore there is a good chance of getting your wallet back... but for items like hp and cameras the chance is slimmer.
If you have gone to other countries it is almost 0%.
Think they did studies before, leaving a wallet with cash in different countries and Singapore has one of the highest return rates. :thumbsup:

5yrs ago, I offered to sit to the inner seat so that an auntie can sit near her kids. I dropped my wallet in th process and lost all my mrt cards, my student cards, cash and a new IC. I made a new IC and dunno if it is called lucky or unlucky, my wallet was mailed back to my house 2 weeks later and my IC was in it. But i already paid for the replacement.

Another time, i dropped my cards and IC while purchasing things. A young couple went to my house to return my IC to my family. (I was still outside shopping, and didnt realise the loss :embrass: )

Sometimes, I think people are careless. But some people who intentionally left their things before, I can't stand them. For instance, my fren left her hp on the table in NTU library and it was gone when she came back from the toilet. An auntie whom I dunno, left her 8250 hp on the MOS burger table to book my neighbouring seat. I am so kind as to help her watch out for it. Stupid to leave her new hp on the table.

One time I was in Malacca. Walked back to my car and found a Malaysian IC at Mahkota Parade. Don't know what to do as leaving for home so I brought the IC back to Singapore. Mail it to the address shown. Got a called from the guy 2 weeks later. Here is the freaky part. He is working in Singapore and his office is next to mine. Went for lunch with him and we became close friends.

last time, i forgot to take my PDA at a furniture shop.....after sometime i returned and the cashier return to me. :thumbsup:

got lots of data inside....heng! :sweat:

i am quite lucky guys
i lost my wallent once and the next day a very nice guy press my door bell and give it back to me, with my cash gone ($2 :bsmilie:) ATM, IC what ever card blar blar all in

the other time i left my T610 on the bus
and i take the cab to the interchange and i got my phone back at the service counter

there's a big diff between forgetting about your hp/cam/wallet and actually getting it stolen.

if its stolen..most prob u may never see anything again.if its juz dropppign it on the streets/restaurant, higher chance. for losing IC, i dun see the need to replace it immediately, i wld advise wait for 1 month. in the meantime just use your passport or use the report given by police.

for CC, even if someone copy ya card and commit a crime, he has to leave an address to which a eg.1Ds to deliver to. if the address is in sg, there's a high chance to link it back to the original thief. I was a waiter before and handled CCs like no biz. integrity aside, its not that easy to pull of the stunt, whilst there're other stunts to pull.

in short, just take care of your stuff, i'll feel my pockets everytime i sit down, stand up etc, to make sure my wallet/hp is there.

and one more thing, keep all the bank no.s necessary to cancel your CCs in ya hp.

cheers

di0nysus said:
in short, just take care of your stuff, i'll feel my pockets everytime i sit down, stand up etc, to make sure my wallet/hp is there.

Just like to share a travel scam.

It may not be a good idea to feel your pockets to confirm that your wallet/hp is still around.

There are pickpockets sticking around the "Beware of Pickpockets" sign at tourist areas and when they see you feeling up those places, they know exactly where to target.

So if it becomes a habit, you'll naturally be exposing the locations of your valuables often. I would suggest just checking the place before leaving that you've not left anything behind - its a good habit to cultivate.

more or less my case..except that the building i lost it in.also has a BK

About 3 years back someone stole my wallet from Tampines Swimming complex (My fault, I didnt leave it in the locker). I got a call the next day from Ang Mo Kio Police Post saying they found my wallet on the road.

ydanz said:
... reminds me of an incident couple months back ....

Saw a wallet on the road behind me (was at the bus stop behind Orchard MRT), picked it up and found no mobile number.

Since the owner's surname was not very common, I searched the yellow pages online for the similar home address and residential number. Managed to locate it within 5 minutes and rang him up at home. Arranged to meet the next day to return the wallet.

End of story.

.....without the cash ?......... :bsmilie:

Jokes aside....most local would do otherwise.....I call that a "phenomenon".

hi bros . . .

2 yrs back i lost ,y wallet in da cab . . .

sob sob .

discovered da lost in less than 3 mins .

called da taxi company but no reply . . .

so never to found again . . .

lost everything . . .

Winston said:
I feel if you ever lose a wallet with Credit Cards or Debit Cards inside.

Even if you got it back, you should report it lost and replace your cards as soon as possible.

The reason is, during the span of time it was lost. The card details may have been copied down by some one else or even photocopied both sides.

There was a lady who wrote to Straits Times complaining that she bought a handphone at a WyWy shop and the salesman photocopied her Citibank credit card both sides, claiming it was necessary.

When she called Citibank later, the bank officer replied she has to cancel the card immediately as the credit card details have been known to others.

Those of you who have done internet transactions will know that to make the transactions you need

a) credit card number
b) Type (Visa, mastercard, diners, amex..etc)
c) Name of cardholder
d) Card expiry month and year.
e) the 3-digit number under the magnetic strip behind the card
f) Name of issuing bank and telephone no. (some websites only, as a security measure)

So, If the person copied the details from your card or photocopied it, he can return it to you with a smile on his face, but then use the details to buy a big ticket items like a Canon 1Ds? from the website and you will not know. (unless the 1Ds is above your credit limit. :D )

Since he uses all your details correctly and if you did not report your card lost, the bank will assume you did the transaction and it is difficult to prove it's a fraud.

i would report lost the moment i realise abt it.... dun care abt will u get it back or not.... never report lost.... end of the month bill comes.... theres nothing u can do eeven any mis-use....

Cheers!

left my wallet once in a cab when i was in primary 4.
had no handphone then.
called the taxi company they said no report of that wallet lost that day. so i thought i was in trouble, had about 50plus inside to pay for school stuffs.

then had a call to my house the 2nd day, the driver's wife said i left my wallet inside the cab and asked me go pickup. then cuz very far (tt time i stay in the east their house in woodlands) i had to take a cab since i really didn't know how to travel >_<

Earlier this year, i left my oakley sunglasses at the clementi 24hrs coffeeshop.
Realised it only when i board the train and went back to find.

It was gone and the boss at the counter said never see my sunglasses, but his reaction when he saw me was a give-away that he knew i left something.

I walked to the back of the counter and saw my glasses among the ciggies on top, and pointed that out to him. He lan lan returned to me.

Very dishonest coffeeshop.:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

God must be gracious to me since I'm among the few that can get back my wallet intact...

Heart pain for KT's case of forgetting his camera bag...:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.