If you have kids, what computer OS will you teach him?

If you have kids, what computer OS will you teach him?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only know Window...:embrass:

probably windows lor...cos mac os dun need to teach. my kids learnt by themselves :bsmilie:

no need to teach one lah.... they will learn by themselves.... But I will still continue to use linux at home so that their friends cannot teach them how to do hacking using my machine... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i think i will teach them all, from windows to linux to mac all the way... becos, i like to play with all the OSes, so........ i will influenece my kid to play all ! :D anyway tat is good so that next time he can use all sorts of comp in this kind of techie age

For new computer users, Mac O/S is much easier to learn n pick up rather than WIn thou. But some ppl prefer Win due to compatibility. But for kids, MAc O/S is much more interactive to the eye and easier to operate esp new users to computers

okay.. since most pple knows only the "W"....

why must the kid be a 'him'?

:)

I teach him/her FreeBSD.

Paul_Yeo said:
poll coming...
I'll start with DOS, then follow by Linux & Unix. Windows he can learn it him/her self. ;p

actually teaching windows is good as once you can tahan all the nonsense windows os can throw at u any other os will be easy to handle :sweat:

Horsba85 said:
Something crash free.

..and what OS might that be???
:bigeyes:

How about teaching deeper, general principles to build a foundation instead of skin-deep "knowledge" of a specific product which may be outdated tomorrow?

DOS :besmile:

then teach him/her BASIC programming or pascal

A strong foundation for him/her to go far in future...

Linux since he/she is bound to pick up windows or mac OS on his/her own lah

Status
Not open for further replies.