If you have an incredible sum of money with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgvideoman

Deregistered
Sep 13, 2006
Singapore
sgvideoman.multiply.com
Which country would you want to migrate to?

And how much money do you have that you would consider adequate?

Last edited:
1/2 mil, migrate to sweden

just need enough for a house in town, an summer house and a nice car. then find a good job there.

Crazy,ppl are migrating to Singapore, u want to be a quitter ?

I will stay in Singapore and become an elite. :thumbsup:

http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/jul/31forbes.htm

Singapore has a reputation for being tough on its residents, whether it's for chewing gum, jaywalking or drugs. But if you're offered a job there, you might want to consider it very seriously.

The tiny island country is the best place to live if you're an expatriate, according to a study conducted by HSBC Bank International, a Jersey-based subsidiary of the world's biggest company.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200710/200710170010.html

A growing number of South Koreans are establishing their own businesses or making investments in Singapore to take advantage of tax breaks. One South Korean plastic surgeon plans to establish a joint venture clinic in Singapore next year. "To succeed in Asia, you should advance into Singapore, a medical hub," he said. "And you can win recognition there for the outstanding technology of South Korean surgeons."

Me too. Just travel often n chill out in another country for weeks then return home. :thumbsup:

http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/jul/31forbes.htm

Singapore has a reputation for being tough on its residents, whether it's for chewing gum, jaywalking or drugs. But if you're offered a job there, you might want to consider it very seriously.

The tiny island country is the best place to live if you're an expatriate, according to a study conducted by HSBC Bank International, a Jersey-based subsidiary of the world's biggest company.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200710/200710170010.html

A growing number of South Koreans are establishing their own businesses or making investments in Singapore to take advantage of tax breaks. One South Korean plastic surgeon plans to establish a joint venture clinic in Singapore next year. "To succeed in Asia, you should advance into Singapore, a medical hub," he said. "And you can win recognition there for the outstanding technology of South Korean surgeons."

I want a Japanese citizenship.

Last edited:
TS.... your title is - "If you have an incredible sum of money with you..."

If I have an incredible sum of money.... I would stay in S'pore, and still can live like any RICH man around the world. :bsmilie:

Japan is better.

flag-of-japan.jpg

Migrate to Monaco and become the richest there..........own a big mansion,yatch,some designer shops,some Rolls Royce,Maybach,Bently............and can go shoot f1;)

I will locate most of my money in an off shore account, preferably in a country where I get good tax breaks and incentives. Monaco comes to mind.

or if I need to bring all the money with me, I may just end up making my way to a Scandinavian country, or back to Australia (although I will probably get raped via the taxes.)

this is of course, assuming I even get that insane amount of money anyway.

IF I have INCREDIBLE sum of $$$...

The best place is, already mentioned... Sg. Since I'll be an "Elite" liao, the policies here are better catered to me. ;)

It's because I DON'T have INCREDIBLE sum of $$$.... I'd rather be where the policies are better suited for the working class. :angel:

IF I have INCREDIBLE sum of $$$...

The best place is, already mentioned... Sg. Since I'll be an "Elite" liao, the policies here are better catered to me. ;)

It's because I DON'T have INCREDIBLE sum of $$$.... I'd rather be where the policies are better suited for the working class. :angel:

countries with tax breaks, such as Monaco (a principality actually), also have policies that allow people with insane amounts of money to become an elite.

so why not there instead?

countries with tax breaks, such as Monaco (a principality actually), also have policies that allow people with insane amounts of money to become an elite.

Maybe NOT WHITE enough...... :bsmilie:

Maybe NOT WHITE enough...... :bsmilie:

I've never really been there per se, but I would think that they're less discriminant about the colour on your skin than the money that you have.

I think they'd be more discriminating towards you based on the number of zeroes you have before the decimal point in your bank balance!

Tough choice.

Let's say I'm a world renowned author, or photographer for that matter, and have about US$5mil, I'd have to choose either Japan or Italy as my new residence.

Japan for its predictability, polite/abiding/obliging culture, and the food.

Italy for its laid back pace, great food, and a chilled-out outlook towards life.

Heck, if money is no object, I'd spend my summers in Italy, and the rest in Japan! :bsmilie:

It's a balance of security, taxation, and opportunities. Sg have the best balance.

Furthermore if you like to take a break from Sg, Sg passport gets to more places without Visa hassles too, I think. :think:

Furthermore if you like to take a break from Sg, Sg passport gets to more places without Visa hassles too, I think. :think:

funny how everybody says that about their passport, so much so that I'm getting sceptical about the purported value of my passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.