if you dropped a $400 item in a electronic store.

wat would you do ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
inspired by laulee.

one day, you was shopping in a well-known electronic store, then you found something you like(could be a telephone, portable cd-player/dvd player or some electronic items). While looking at the specification or while bringing it to the counter, you dropped it. No one was around during then, no one saw you dropped it.

what would you do? Put this into consideration :

1 : Electronic items are pretty fragile.
2: you monthly salary is less than $1500 per month.
3: one to one exchange is not possible.

hope the store doesn't display this sign;

"good to look at
nice to hold
once broken
considered sold"

ethical dilemma.
The right thing to do would be to buy it. However if it happened to me....... I think it is more likely that I will leave it alone.

Hope this never happens!

Speak to the manager. Most stores would be nice enough to let it go, since they can return it to the manufacturer based on the assumption that it was damaged during transportation. Items you see in stores are pretty much sold on a "consignment" basis, just like the bread you see at 7-Eleven. Allows the manufacturer to track information.

Bring to the salesman and ask for testing. If there's no damage, say you'll consider over the price and leave. If it's damaged, at least they know about it and get it replaced (at whose expense it all depends) so that the next customer will not suffer for nothing.

I'll just put it back. I'm just being truthful.

i'll put it back and walk out as soon as possible ;) Honest :sweat:

ninelives said:
inspired by laulee.

one day, you was shopping in a well-known electronic store, then you found something you like(could be a telephone, portable cd-player/dvd player or some electronic items). While looking at the specification or while bringing it to the counter, you dropped it. No one was around during then, no one saw you dropped it.

what would you do? Put this into consideration :

1 : Electronic items are pretty fragile.
2: you monthly salary is less than $1500 per month.
3: one to one exchange is not possible.

inform the salesman and don't worry coz most of the reputable stores (here, read BIG stores) have insurance to cover these accidents as well as the suppliers are usually obliged to exchange. In the case of small shops, then talk to the owner/s about it, most of the time if he is honest, he could easily absorb this accident, but most likely they will pull a fast one and try to claim the "heavy" lost from you and then they may claim again from their suppliers. In most cases, never admit liability without any negotiation but please pity the very small retailers - if u can afford it, compensate them.
things are much difference oversea. normally depending on the circumstances, if the value is low, offerred to buy them in small shops. But if the value is high, then probably act blur will be the best way coz u never know what you will be getting from the store members! once i went to a furniture shop in Jakarta. On a very big table (teak wood) dsiplayed many clay figurines, small but cute. when i lean closer to view, the top came over and thirty or so models dropped. The whole gang (5 of them) came and insisted that i compensate them about US200. I dont mind if it is S$10 but so much. My point was that this was waiting to happen coz the top was not properly secured (or most probably it was a setup) and i refused to buldge even when they threaten to call in polisi, etc. after an hour, they have no choice but let me go and i refused to compensate anything for their bad, unreasonable behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.