if you could shoot only one film, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathea

Jan 3, 2004
Singapore
www.yaohui.sg
Imagine that you are going to be sent to a secret photo mission and you have no idea at all about the conditions and subjects you will find.
You are allowed to choose ONLY one color negative film, ONE slide film and ONE B&W film to shoot with your film slr.

It would have to be a very versatile film.
What would it be?

haven't used slide much, so i would have to say Fuji Superia 200 for colour negative and Ilford HP5 for b&w. :thumbsup:

provia 400, superia 400 and tmax 400...

superia 400..
then i would be able to push the film ISO up to quite high if the lighting is not gd..
grain fine too.. overall quite versatile to my using..

Fuji Press 800, Kodak E100VS, Kodak T400CN. (Ok, I realise the last 2 are probably End Of Life, but I have not been shooting film for quite a while now.... ;p)

Regards
CK

Tri-X, E200.
Since only 1 film each, no point choosing ISO 100 film.

Press 800, Provia 400, Trix 400 :)
OR grab a DSLR :D

sathea said:
Imagine that you are going to be sent to a secret photo mission and you have no idea at all about the conditions and subjects you will find.
You are allowed to choose ONLY one color negative film, ONE slide film and ONE B&W film to shoot with your film slr.

What would it be?

Forget the film! How much are they paying me for the mission?

sathea said:

What would it be?

I'll probably take just b/w - ilford delta 3200

Press/Superia 800 for colour negs, matched with Delta 400 or 3200 for B&W. Sensia II 400 for colour slide - I have little experience with "pro" films e.g. provia, velvia.

Alvin

PS: Film slr? Gimme rangefinder, if the mission is james bond type ;)

It's quite a ridiculous mission...but presuming those people don't care about the final quality....

Budget mix: Superia 800 - Sensia 400 - T400CN
Good mix: Press 800 - Provia 400F - Tmax 400 (not much experience)

The high ISO mix will help you cope with low light conditions if they occur.

If I was still shooting with my SLRs...Would do slides. That being:Velvia 50 & 100 if light sensitivity is not an issue.

If so secretive...quality and colour is not so important so long as it has the details so I would not mind any ISO 400 negative that is push processed

Status
Not open for further replies.