If you are the AD photographer, and falls sick 1 day before the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
And no matter how much medicine you eat, the fever won't subside, HOW??

I am actually experiencing this 'AD photographer worst nightmare', I'm running a high fever at 4am last night, taken some pills and woke up this morning feeling no difference. It seems like I also have diarrhea.

The worst is, I have a full day AD wedding tomorrow! HOW?? Anybody experience this before? How you tackle the situation? Now I don't know how to tell the wedding couple... :(

Find somebody up to your skills and explain to the couple he will be taking over your shoot as you aren't feeling well and inform them that any additional cost will not be borned by them.

espn said:
Find somebody up to your skills and explain to the couple he will be taking over your shoot as you aren't feeling well and inform them that any additional cost will not be borned by them.

Thanks ESPN... I'm really feeling so lousy now :( I very much wanted to shoot for tomorrow's wedding, but I'm also scared I will faint halfway. 18hrs is no joke, especially running around, perspiring, etc...

OK lah now try to look for another photographer here...

Go to my website www.danielbeh.com, interested photographer please take a look at the 4 wedding links, and if you shoot somewhat the same style as me, please PM me your photography package! Remember, the wedding is TOMORROW (24 June 2006)!!!!

It is always good to work with other photographers as a team.;)

It happened to me two weeks ago, was running a high temperature on Friday but got a wedding on Sunday. Somehow I've managed to reduce my temperature but not my sorethroat by drinking lots of fluid (all the liang tehs :)), popping antibiotics prescribed by my doctor the whole of Saturday.

I think that your client trusted you and your works, it wouldnt be nice to ask someone else to cover for you. Another alternative is to ask another photographer to tag along with you tomorrow.

Take care, rest well today and drink more fluids today and tomorrow ;)

behyx said:
And no matter how much medicine you eat, the fever won't subside, HOW??

I am actually experiencing this 'AD photographer worst nightmare', I'm running a high fever at 4am last night, taken some pills and woke up this morning feeling no difference. It seems like I also have diarrhea.

The worst is, I have a full day AD wedding tomorrow! HOW?? Anybody experience this before? How you tackle the situation? Now I don't know how to tell the wedding couple... :(

Yeah, I know this can happen. Its good to have a group of close friends who you know you can call upon to help you out when you are really down. I've also passed on many jobs that I am not free to take on. No man is an island. Esp so for photographers.:)

Thanks so much guys, I've actually found a replacement photographer (he's a good friend of mine). However I called my wedding client, and they insisted that I do the shoot; They chose me because they like my style, and it's not a matter of money or finding another replacement. Hmm... So no choice lah, went to see a doctor, asked him to give me more powerful medicine so my fever will subside by today. I wonder how does it feels to shoot AD with fever... :think:

I wish you all the best. :D

Shooting while on medication might affect your shooting style and creative process, it's good to know that your clients really like you for your works.

Hope you'll feel better by tonight. Get off CS and get more rest!

behyx said:
Thanks so much guys, I've actually found a replacement photographer (he's a good friend of mine). However I called my wedding client, and they insisted that I do the shoot; They chose me because they like my style, and it's not a matter of money or finding another replacement. Hmm... So no choice lah, went to see a doctor, asked him to give me more powerful medicine so my fever will subside by today. I wonder how does it feels to shoot AD with fever... :think:
Bro,

Just my 2 cts view: If you really committed yourself already, just go ahead lor with the shoot. But do ask your replacement photog to standby throughout the duration of the AD wedding shoot JUST in case halfway through you really cannot make it, i.e feel too ill or something to carry out the shoot properly (touchwood), so make sure he is standing by at home or something with all his equips. prepared just in case, and remain contactable at all times. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck for your shoot tomorrow and hope you will feel better in time for it. :) Try and get more rest today, and sleep early!

it's indeed a tough situation to be in! i think when the time comes you would feel well enough - just a matter of getting into the flow and excitement of things. but for now just chill down and relax :)

i have done wedding shoot while sick, tell u no joke, feel very bad thru out, and even make up artist, videographer can tell......................, so better tell ur friend standby, and pay him to sit at home.

best to get someone to standby with u...at least it shows u are committed.

just a thought.

I think it's a good idea. Thanks :)

Ok lah I'll settle this after my nap. I need it desperately now...

hope u recover in time for ur shoot tmr. if it is any consolation, i have seen someone work through 3 days and nights without sleep while running a fever (admittedly he was a commando captain) during an SAF exercise some years ago.

behyx said:
Thanks ESPN... I'm really feeling so lousy now :( I very much wanted to shoot for tomorrow's wedding, but I'm also scared I will faint halfway. 18hrs is no joke, especially running around, perspiring, etc...

OK lah now try to look for another photographer here...

Go to my website www.danielbeh.com, interested photographer please take a look at the 4 wedding links, and if you shoot somewhat the same style as me, please PM me your photography package! Remember, the wedding is TOMORROW (24 June 2006)!!!!
I know how you feel, just rest and try to recover

I don't mind shooting for you tomorrow... heehee... :)

Drink more water, it really helps.

You need more sleep dude.

OK i can't go to sleep with the thoughts of finding a backup.

Alright, now who will want to be my backup photographer? Stays with me throughout, from 7am to 1.30pm, then rest, and get ready for solemnization and dinner from 6.00pm to 11pm. Dinner easy lah, only 20 tables.

Please PM me! :)

espn said:
I know how you feel, just rest and try to recover

I don't mind shooting for you tomorrow... heehee... :)

Drink more water, it really helps.

:think: :think: how come you never offer to PA har? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

behyx... sorry to OT your thread... just cannot resist the temptation

why don u ask a jab from the doc then get a good rest .. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.