If you are given only a lens, which one will you choose?


Status
Not open for further replies.

007

New Member
Apr 11, 2002
692
0
0
u n k n o w n
Visit site
#1
As the topic says. Please make the assumption that the most useful and practical lens will be given.:p
 

Kit

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
11,691
42
48
42
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by 007
As the topic says. Please make the assumption that the most useful and practical lens will be given.:p
Useful??? Useful to who?? You? Me? Him? Her? It?
 

Kit

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
11,691
42
48
42
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
#8
Well, we all have different preferences. What's good for me might not be useful to you. Why not you list out your interests? That might be helpful for people to give you advice. There's no point really buying what other people use if you don't find it useful at all.
 

#9
Originally posted by kamwai
50mm/f1.8

cheap and fast len

this is the only lens that i own too...
yeah man.....if i had one SLR...this would be the only lens i wanna get......


too bad no SLR.....sticking to digital....

sorrie man...not joining DARK SIDE....:angel:


kamwei.....wat happened to ur cam?? thought u were using a F707....
 

Zoomer

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
645
0
0
Singapore
reverac.com
#11
Originally posted by AqUaRiU5


yeah man.....if i had one SLR...this would be the only lens i wanna get......


too bad no SLR.....sticking to digital....

sorrie man...not joining DARK SIDE....:angel:



kamwei.....wat happened to ur cam?? thought u were using a F707....
He sold it...defector! :D

Can you post some nicely taken pics and some 100% crops? I need to check out something. :)
 

007

New Member
Apr 11, 2002
692
0
0
u n k n o w n
Visit site
#12
Originally posted by Kit
Well, we all have different preferences. What's good for me might not be useful to you. Why not you list out your interests? That might be helpful for people to give you advice. There's no point really buying what other people use if you don't find it useful at all.
heehee, I am not asking for advice, just your favourite lens. Actually I got my own favourite lens that I am going to get already. ;)

Just take this thread as a common thread, nothing special.
Come on, don't be so serious.:light:
 

Kit

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
11,691
42
48
42
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
#13
Originally posted by 007


heehee, I am not asking for advice, just your favourite lens. Actually I got my own favourite lens that I am going to get already. ;)

Just take this thread as a common thread, nothing special.
Come on, don't be so serious.:light:
Ok then. My favourite......here goes..........

Canon EF 14-1200mm F/1.4 L IS USM ;p
 

Jed

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
3,911
0
0
UK
Visit site
#14
Blast... Kit beat me to it. The same, but the Nikon version.

007... how do you decide that the lens is your favourite if you're only just going to buy it?
 

007

New Member
Apr 11, 2002
692
0
0
u n k n o w n
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by Jed
Blast... Kit beat me to it. The same, but the Nikon version.

007... how do you decide that the lens is your favourite if you're only just going to buy it?
Of course I didn't even touch one!:p
But nowadays, consumers are so well-informative that we can always read, don't we? eg: when we need to buy a car, do we need to buy all the cars we desire and test all, then decide which one is our preferred car? We don't need to do so, isn't it?:dunno:

My choice/of course the basic lens:
50mm f/1.8
cheap and crisp. Most useful lens(from the info I have gathered.):embrass:
 

Kit

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
11,691
42
48
42
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
#16
Originally posted by 007

My choice/of course the basic lens:
50mm f/1.8
cheap and crisp. Most useful lens(from the info I have gathered.):embrass:
Sigh..........again, most useful lens.......who told you that? Do you shoot identical pictures as those who told you that? The info you've gathered are what other people think what's useful to them. Have you examined you own shooting style? Asked youself what you like to shoot? Yes, its cheap and crisp but will it get you the picture you want?

You can't possibly declare that that's your favourite just by collective hearsay. From the SLR thread to this, your whole approach to choosing a camera is counter productive. You don't take advice and follow them. You take advice, think and decide.
 

007

New Member
Apr 11, 2002
692
0
0
u n k n o w n
Visit site
#17
Originally posted by Kit


Sigh..........again, most useful lens.......who told you that? Do you shoot identical pictures as those who told you that? The info you've gathered are what other people think what's useful to them. Have you examined you own shooting style? Asked youself what you like to shoot? Yes, its cheap and crisp but will it get you the picture you want?

You can't possibly declare that that's your favourite just by collective hearsay. From the SLR thread to this, your whole approach to choosing a camera is counter productive. You don't take advice and follow them. You take advice, think and decide.
Yeap. Thank you for pointing out my weakness. I will bear that in mind. I would like spare more time to digest more.
 

Kit

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
11,691
42
48
42
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
#18
To be honest, I think you've "digest" more than you need to. Now its time to take the plunge and go down to the camera shop and get the one that feels the best in your hands. Stop worrying about getting a wrong camera, you won't sway too far away with your present choices. These are just tools and how useful they're depends on how well you use them. Let's say, you get the best camera money can buy but you can't use it to the fullest, then that's the wrong one for you. Spend your effort on taking photographs. That's the way to make your investments worthwhile. Not going round in circles trying to decide what to buy.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom