If work in bank, will i get credit card even if my income doesn't meet requirement?


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2005
38
0
0
48
Hong Kong
#1
if work in companies, shld have staff benefit right?

eg, in fast food restuarant, will entitle free lunch, some staff price for products in manufacturing company....

so in bank, will i get credit card even if i dun qualify???
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#4
If I'm not mistaken, it's not the banks who set the policies for credit card applications. If your income can't meet the requirements, you shouldn't even think of it. Credit cards = :mad2:

Anyway, you want to work in a bank because of credit cards?
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#5
MAS sets the income condition for card issuing banks to follow. unlikely for any banks to breach them knowingly.
 

Aug 18, 2004
772
0
0
www.pbase.com
#10
togu said:
If I'm not mistaken, it's not the banks who set the policies for credit card applications. If your income can't meet the requirements, you shouldn't even think of it. Credit cards = :mad2:

Anyway, you want to work in a bank because of credit cards?

When i was 21, I could not wait to get my hands on a sup card. Now at 32, i am a slave to my credit cards. :cry:
 

Robin

Senior Member
Mar 5, 2004
645
0
16
Tanah Merah
#11
debit cards can be used for online purchases...? in that case...maybe apply for that instead...as there is no yearly fee to pay rite.....
 

Snowcrash

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,537
0
0
Western SG
Visit site
#12
Ding Shan Ben said:
thought debit card only accepted locally?
Nope. Worldwide usage. Only difference is the VISA Electron card cannot be use online.

The otheres like UOB visa or DBS mastercard debit card can be used online.

Of course you can try POSB mastercard debit card.
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#13
yup i use POSB debit card to purchase DVDs. :D errr pls dun think the wrong way. ;p
 

dkw

New Member
Dec 10, 2003
1,051
0
0
CCK
Visit site
#17
Carllim said:
Quote of the minute:

" Live Within Your Financial Means. "

:)
....and never roll-over your credit balance, its like giving money to the bank.
 

w.s

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
800
0
16
Singapore
#19
Robin said:
debit cards can be used for online purchases...? in that case...maybe apply for that instead...as there is no yearly fee to pay rite.....
debit mastercard is like any other mastercard. except u have to have enough cash in your bank b4 making the purchase. and yes, there's a 24 dollar annual fee. + 1.2 gst. and 2 dollar if ur acct has less than 500 dollars.
 

auron

New Member
Apr 15, 2003
109
0
0
Visit site
#20
reachme2003 said:
MAS sets the income condition for card issuing banks to follow. unlikely for any banks to breach them knowingly.
i think not really lar..... if your income is not far off, most probably they will approve....
the ocbc send me a pre-approved titanium card form for me to sign even though my annual income cannot qualify.

nowadays, bank are desparate for ppl to take up their credit cards.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom