If work in bank, will i get credit card even if my income doesn't meet requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding Shan Ben

May 6, 2005
Hong Kong
if work in companies, shld have staff benefit right?

eg, in fast food restuarant, will entitle free lunch, some staff price for products in manufacturing company....

so in bank, will i get credit card even if i dun qualify???

They have schemes for staff and gahmen service workers.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not the banks who set the policies for credit card applications. If your income can't meet the requirements, you shouldn't even think of it. Credit cards = :mad2:

Anyway, you want to work in a bank because of credit cards?

MAS sets the income condition for card issuing banks to follow. unlikely for any banks to breach them knowingly.

togu said:
If I'm not mistaken, it's not the banks who set the policies for credit card applications. If your income can't meet the requirements, you shouldn't even think of it. Credit cards = :mad2:

Anyway, you want to work in a bank because of credit cards?

When i was 21, I could not wait to get my hands on a sup card. Now at 32, i am a slave to my credit cards. :cry:

debit cards can be used for online purchases...? in that case...maybe apply for that instead...as there is no yearly fee to pay rite.....

Ding Shan Ben said:
thought debit card only accepted locally?

Nope. Worldwide usage. Only difference is the VISA Electron card cannot be use online.

The otheres like UOB visa or DBS mastercard debit card can be used online.

Of course you can try POSB mastercard debit card.

yup i use POSB debit card to purchase DVDs. :D errr pls dun think the wrong way. ;p

digitalbuff said:
When i was 21, I could not wait to get my hands on a sup card. Now at 32, i am a slave to my credit cards. :cry:

We live in sad times.... :cry:

Carllim said:
Quote of the minute:

" Live Within Your Financial Means. "

:)

....and never roll-over your credit balance, its like giving money to the bank.

Robin said:
debit cards can be used for online purchases...? in that case...maybe apply for that instead...as there is no yearly fee to pay rite.....

debit mastercard is like any other mastercard. except u have to have enough cash in your bank b4 making the purchase. and yes, there's a 24 dollar annual fee. + 1.2 gst. and 2 dollar if ur acct has less than 500 dollars.

reachme2003 said:
MAS sets the income condition for card issuing banks to follow. unlikely for any banks to breach them knowingly.

i think not really lar..... if your income is not far off, most probably they will approve....
the ocbc send me a pre-approved titanium card form for me to sign even though my annual income cannot qualify.

nowadays, bank are desparate for ppl to take up their credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.