if u have a choice to get one computer, what will u get?

if u have a choice to get one computer, what will u get?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desktop is the way to go man..cheaper, more powerful, can use for extended periods....easily upgradable components...

Unless you really need the portability, otherwise desktop is really the better option i feel.

Desktop... cheaper than notebook with better speed.. unlimited storage space.. and can easily upgrade the HW.. replace LCD for bigger screen..

Notebook.. too many limitation..

Again, it depends on your usage.. if you need a PC for your work - travelling, no need to ask.. notebook..
But if you need PC for photo editing.. it'll be desktop.

Desktop definitely.. Notebook is always a generation behind in either speed or graphics.. :)

If there's no need to work on the go, then a Desktop is the way. But for me, I'll choose a laptop because of my working style.....;) All depends on your need and requirement. (I own both the imac and Powerbook btw).:thumbsup:

i'll get the largest/most powerful desktop replacement laptop i can find.

i'd go for a desktop..... if its for photography work.....i cant seem to find any other use for my lappy than for word processing and showing ppl photos.... and of coz...surfing cs right now....

when it comes to image editing....i tink lappys really dun make the mark.... u dun have control over which processor or which LCD u are gg to get..unlike a desktop...

Aiyah.... Notebooks nowadays are like time-bombs. Any moment, it will explode or burn right in your face.

This gives new meaning to burning and dodging. When your laptop burns, you dodge.

for me, pc anytime becos can upgrade and better if you playing games. laptops are convenient but limited usage. just my opinion..

I prefer raw mean power compared to compact power :bsmilie:

Just like Ferrari vs. Honda Civic. Raw power vs. compact.

acer laptop. cheap and good

Acer failure rate abit worrying though. I think for design, Apple's the way to go. Desktop or Notebook, you can't go wrong.

calebk said:
Acer failure rate abit worrying though. I think for design, Apple's the way to go. Desktop or Notebook, you can't go wrong.
*BEEP* reality distortion field detected.

Haha, sorry let me rephrase. Design as in design work not the aesthetics of the computer.

My iBook G4 will remain my travel companion.

But if I've got my 2nd computer, a desktop would be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.