If u have $3,000...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindred

Dec 19, 2002
Cantonment
Visit site
hey guys,

if u have 3,000 SGD...which item will u buy ?

1. Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM

OR

2. Canon 10D

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

buy Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM .. and wait for 10D rom service pack 2 to release before buying 10D :D

Wah kindred, u really very rich leh:)

Anyway if i were u i would go for the 70-200 if i have a body at home be it d60 or watever.

Originally posted by kindred
wah liew... just wanna get 10D and D60 will be my backup camera...:D

No offence, but by the way you are buying instead of shooting, or thinking of buying/selling things all the time, guess there won't be any difference between getting a 10D or a fuji disposable as a backup body.

:dunno:

mmm..if me ..neither..

cos i dun have use for either one...since i dun have lenses nor body to complement the use...:p

if u have need for a second body and no need for longer lenses...den get body loh

if not, getting longer lenses would be better as it adds to ur range of lenses available for use.....

:dent:

Originally posted by togu
No offence, but by the way you are buying instead of shooting, or thinking of buying/selling things all the time, guess there won't be any difference between getting a 10D or a fuji disposable as a backup body.

:dunno:

save the money ... dun buy anymore .... ;)

I think getting a 10d on top of ur very newly acquired d60 is quite wasted leh. Think the 70-200 IS is a very good lens if u havent any lens falling in that focal range. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by alloy
I think getting a 10d on top of ur very newly acquired d60 is quite wasted leh. Think the 70-200 IS is a very good lens if u havent any lens falling in that focal range. :thumbsup:

anyway, there is a higher chance that i will be buying the 70-200mm... i just wanna see whats ya opinions nia...;)

Originally posted by alloy
Wah kindred, u really very rich leh:)

Anyway if i were u i would go for the 70-200 if i have a body at home be it d60 or watever.

aiyah, sometimes u have extra $$...u tends to spend more...

but if i dun use this $$$ to get something good & worthwhile... i might dump my $$$ into Betting 4D again. i regretted dumping more than $1,500 per month for 4D bettings. (although i won some too) But eventually, all the winning also spent...

anyway, there is a higher chance that i will be buying the 70-200mm... i just wanna see whats ya opinions nia...;)

My opinion ah :

Wah liew!! U are getting my dream lens loh. :bheart:
But I happened to own it a few times in my dreams also loh hehe :D

but if i dun use this $$$ to get something good & worthwhile... i might dump my $$$ into Betting 4D again. i regretted dumping more than $1,500 per month for 4D bettings. (although i won some too) But eventually, all the winning also spent...

Hwahhaha, now im really beginning to wonder what in the world u do for a living. U can like spend and spend. :eek:
All i can gather about u is the stylo milo guy with a ciggy sticking out of his mouth, with a g3 on a monopod, and also mass acqusition of 2nd hand hp. :D

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
keep the money in the bank and practise shooting. :cool:

I agree...dun dive in too fast and buy whole range of canon lens...then later find out that u dun need all of them or dunno how to make full use of them....

hmm....now i understand....may be put in fixed deposit?

last time when i have extra $$...my "friends" will all come and borrow for me then run away ;(

i rather spend all of them on lenses so that i dun have extra to lend them ;( ;(

get the 70~200mm zoom...after a while sell it and get the 10D!! then sell the 10D to get the money back!!

hahaa...:rbounce:

seriously if i really have a 3000$ to spare, i'll go for a timeless classic...something that is still functional and would not depreciate after a while, could be a OM3Ti or a Leica M4.

you could happily get a 10D now...everybody knows, next yr it's going to be 9D...follow by a series of 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1D, and so one, by then a 3K for the 10D might become a mere 0.3K.

but then, if u are so rich...what care??!?

Originally posted by Wai
hmm....now i understand....may be put in fixed deposit?

last time when i have extra $$...my "friends" will all come and borrow for me then run away ;(

i rather spend all of them on lenses so that i dun have extra to lend them ;( ;(

can borrow ur lenses? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.