If u do not have any system yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewdam

Jun 18, 2005
which i should i choose? just need some of the opinions from u guys...

1) Nikon D50 Kit, nikkor 55-200mm, 3GB SD and the usual bag, tripod n dry box etc....+ 2yrs entended warranty by HN for $1587 (by credit card) or

2) Olympus E500 kit, ZD 40-150mm, 3GB CF and the usual bag, tripod n dry box etc....+ 2yrs entended warranty by HN for $1599 (by credit card)

will be using it for any photo taking...any thing under the sun ;) how's the ease of uses.

tks!

drewdam said:

1) Nikon D50 Kit, nikkor 55-200mm, 3GB SD and the usual bag, tripod n dry box etc....+ 2yrs entended warranty by HN for $1587 (by credit card) or

2) Olympus E500 kit, ZD 40-150mm, 3GB CF and the usual bag, tripod n dry box etc....+ 2yrs entended warranty by HN for $1599 (by credit card)

will be using it for any photo taking...any thing under the sun ;) how's the ease of uses.

tks!

Nikon....:thumbsup:

pls dun double post...thanks

westwest1 said:
Nikon....:thumbsup:

pls dun double post...thanks

hey...wedsite slow...delete liow.:)

drewdam said:

tks!

Nikon :thumbsup:
You can also check up AP or CP for their prices but if not too much diff can get from HN bcos of the 2yrs warranty

in terms of handling (not the pro style) d50 is one of the best... very simplified control, and not much button to mess with :bsmilie:

drewdam said:

tks!

Go for Nikon..:thumbsup: 55-200mm tats a nice pice of lens to own..

I would choose Nikon but I'm just concerned with the SD card. Try to have a feel if you will want to upgrade in the near future because the rest of Nikon is using CF cards and you may end up with 3GB "thumbdrive". If you feel your passion will exceed the camera's limitation within a year or two, you may end up spending more. Aside from what both camera's can do, try to check what it cannot do as well.

As for freebies... sometimes its just that. My D70 came with a bag and a tripod. The bag is a rectangular bag that can hold the camera and body (separately), which is now used to store my unwanted VCD collection (its normally best not to keep dismantling the lens to avoid dust). The tripod that came with it seems to have calcium deficiency when the camera is in a portrait orientation, have a heavier lens than the kit lens, and with flash, or heaven forbid, a metal flash bracket. In short, this is where the "upgrade" starts.

I hope you don't take this as a discouragement, just a devils advocate to choose wisely. :)

drewdam said:

tks!

I was thinking of getting a 2nd-hand Fuji a while back but was advised that the seller was not honest. Now I'm still without a DSLR so advice by everyone here will be interest to me too. I'm a small-sized lady, so heavy cameras are out of the question.

Before u decide what to buy, just let u know that usually HN is more expensive than the "traditional camera shops" the few recommended shops here are always Alan Photo, Cathay Photos, John 3:16, MS Color.

ortega said:
Depends on what your area of photography is

every system has it's pros and cons

I choose Nikon

well...no fix style la..if buy then will shoot anything that can see...:D

blazer_workz said:
Go for Nikon..:thumbsup: 55-200mm tats a nice pice of lens to own..

went MS to check above...and they quote me to get 70-200mm G instead of 55-200mm, cheaper by $20 too.

drewdam said:
went MS to check above...and they quote me to get 70-200mm G instead of 55-200mm, cheaper by $20 too.

70-200 G? :dunno: i think you meant 70-300mm ED G... 70-200G i think is the 1 wif VR =x

dawgbyte77 said:
I would choose Nikon but I'm just concerned with the SD card. Try to have a feel if you will want to upgrade in the near future because the rest of Nikon is using CF cards and you may end up with 3GB "thumbdrive". If you feel your passion will exceed the camera's limitation within a year or two, you may end up spending more. Aside from what both camera's can do, try to check what it cannot do as well.

As for freebies... sometimes its just that. My D70 came with a bag and a tripod. The bag is a rectangular bag that can hold the camera and body (separately), which is now used to store my unwanted VCD collection (its normally best not to keep dismantling the lens to avoid dust). The tripod that came with it seems to have calcium deficiency when the camera is in a portrait orientation, have a heavier lens than the kit lens, and with flash, or heaven forbid, a metal flash bracket. In short, this is where the "upgrade" starts.

I hope you don't take this as a discouragement, just a devils advocate to choose wisely. :)

for D50, the diff between MS to HN is the $270 quoted by MS for the 55-200mm as compare to HN @199, extra 2GB of SD, tripod (i have a slik lio), dry box n 2yrs added warranty. price diff $63.

ExplorerZ said:
70-200 G? :dunno: i think you meant 70-300mm ED G... 70-200G i think is the 1 wif VR =x

yayaya...is 70-300mm G: :sweat:

am using FZ20 should this one very close to the zoom range that i have...

drewdam said:
yayaya...is 70-300mm G: :sweat:

am using FZ20 should this one very close to the zoom range that i have...

do take note after the switch to dSLR, with a 300mm lens you will need far higher shutter speed inorder to get sharp shot compared to FZ20 (which provides you f2.8 and "VR").
the last time i switched over i got problem getting sharp pic with 450mm equiv (300mm lens)

Yeah, handheld beyond 200mm lens is quite impossible without IS/VR/SSS.

drewdam said:

wah..if is really this price i confirm will go buy...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.