If trampoline jumping can be considered an Olympic sport...

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy_h

Aug 3, 2006
floating in space.
www.flickr.com
...what other "sports" do you think could be considered for the Olympics?

Maybe Winning Eleven should be considered an Olympic sport? Or how about Frog Hunting? Perhaps Mud Wrestling (Women Only) should also be an Olympic sport?

Why shouldn't trampoline be considered? i think the difficulty level is way above platform diving, or less strenuous stuff like air rifle. A slight shift in CG can land the trampolinist outside the trampoline; a rather dangerous sport in fact.

Mud wrestling - yeah, bring it on. Frog hunting? Nah. No idea what winning eleven is.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't trampoline be considered? i think the difficulty level is way above platform diving, or less strenuous stuff like air rifle. A slight shift in CG can land the trampolinist outside the trampoline; a rather dangerous sport in fact.

Mud wrestling - yeah, bring it on. Frog hunting? Nah. No idea what winning eleven is.

Uh.. it's just jumping on a trampoline man. It's what people have in their backyards for their kids to have a bit of fun. Dangerous? Perhaps. If people want to make it a sport? Sure, by all means. Even bowling is considered a sport. Olympics sport? Nah, I think I'll pass.

Jumping out a plane for skydiving is dangerous. So perhaps we can make skydiving an Olympics sport as well?

Last edited:
Billiards, Tug-of-war and Pole-dancing for girls.

And I think they should remove sailing because it's very boring.

Uh.. it's just jumping on a trampoline man. It's what people have in their backyards for their kids to have a bit of fun. Dangerous? Perhaps. If people want to make it a sport? Sure, by all means. Even bowling is considered a sport. Olympics sport? Nah, I think I'll pass.

Jumping out a plane for skydiving is dangerous. So perhaps we can make skydiving an Olympics sport as well?
Perhaps you should try trampoline yourself, at the level they do it at the Olympics. As far as I see it on TV they jump quite high, more than 10 meters???

At that level its not easy, it is easier to talk by the sideline, but doing it yourself is another thing....

HS

Perhaps you should try trampoline yourself, at the level they do it at the Olympics. As far as I see it on TV they jump quite high, more than 10 meters???

At that level its not easy, it is easier to talk by the sideline, but doing it yourself is another thing....

HS

I never said it wasn't hard. Jesus, people here can't seem to read my posts.

My point being that it's an Olympic sport! Hello people! Do you realise what you are saying? You're trying to justify trampoline jumping as an Olympic sport because of it's difficulty and risk? COME ON. You got to do better than that. There are a lot of "activities" which are hard and risky. I don't see them being made an Olympic sport.

Any activity at a world-standard level is hard to achieve. Rugby is a real sport, don't see that at the Olympics. Even rock climbing is more of a sport than trampoline jumping. Even bog snorkeling is more of a sport than trampoline jumping. I daresay the WWE is more of a sport than trampoline jumping.

Just the fact that trampoline jumping is a sport in itself is a freakin' joke.

Last edited:
Billiards, Tug-of-war and Pole-dancing for girls.

And I think they should remove sailing because it's very boring.

Sorry, billiards is also not a real sport.

However, tug-of-war and pole-dancing I would definitely watch. Perhaps we could have girls doing pole-dancing while the tug-of-war is going on in front of the stage.

Sorry, billiards is also not a real sport.

However, tug-of-war and pole-dancing I would definitely watch. Perhaps we could have girls doing pole-dancing while the tug-of-war is going on in front of the stage.

:dunno:Billiards not real sport?
It involves the same focus and accuracy and skill for sports like air rifle and archery..

:dunno:Billiards not real sport?
It involves the same focus and accuracy and skill for sports like air rifle and archery..

Those are also not sports. Those are skills required for hunting down animals for food. :bsmilie:

And awesome, I love the idea of gor li. I think only then we can have a true Singaporean winning an Olympic medal.

I think gor li should be made the National sport.

Last edited:
Actually the only event which i think should take out from olympic is the equestrian..

YOU GOT MY VOTE!!!

Snobbery with hardly any real effort...except for the horse doing all the work. I will watch if one day they let the horse ride human instead as they jump over hurdles and water traps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.