If the u/w casing says can go to 40m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo

Feb 14, 2002
Visit site
does it mean that any deeper, it'll flood? or just the controls wun work properly?

Diablo said:
does it mean that any deeper, it'll flood? or just the controls wun work properly?
we have had discussions on this. usually it is a safe estimate, which if you go beyond maybe a few metres it should be fine. but, you may have problems with buttons jamming due to over pressure. i had a canon A40 which housing rated was to 100ft i.e. 30m or so, i had it down to 40m and it came back alive. BUT, i didnt take photos on that depth.

if you want your insurance to work for you if anything happens, it would be more advisable to keep to manufacturer's estimate.

beivied said:
we have had discussions on this. usually it is a safe estimate, which if you go beyond maybe a few metres it should be fine. but, you may have problems with buttons jamming due to over pressure. i had a canon A40 which housing rated was to 100ft i.e. 30m or so, i had it down to 40m and it came back alive. BUT, i didnt take photos on that depth.

if you want your insurance to work for you if anything happens, it would be more advisable to keep to manufacturer's estimate.

Well, this is debatable. My WP-DC700 housing has problems at 20 metres. Basically the lever which switches between playback mode and camera mode doesn't "spring" back as in once u push it all the way it stays there and vice versa. Does anyone have this prob too??? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.