if someone punch or kick your mother

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
i believe most of you watched the video already. i am quite confuse with SG law.

ie : if i slap you or punch your stomach, police can't do anything, it is up to you to press charges or not.

for the above case, this was consider assult ?causing serious injury? will our police do anything about it?

we got lawyer and police in clubsnap right? can't remember their names.

thanks.

Last edited:
Unless the police saw it, they can't arrest the person unless you want them to. Only then can they proceed with a former investigation.

The police do not settle disputes, only the courts can

Policemen or Lawyers will not reveal themselves in KPT here, because they will get a lot of people asking for free advices, so we don't know who are the real one, but we do find a lot of pretenders here.

if you want free legal advice, can see your MP to ask for referral. :)

Reactions: Edwin Francis
People who ask for free advice in KPT
will be in for a surprise - La Zy

:bsmilie:

Depends on how the offence is classified under the Penal Code. There's Voluntarily Causing Hurt (VGH) – non-seizable, and Voluntarily Causing Grievous Hurt (VCGH) – seizable. VGH cases may be investigated, or even reclassified as VCGH if appropriate. E.g., After a medical report.

See: http://www.spf.gov.sg/spotlight/20100308_today_section323.pdf

Depends on how the offence is classified under the Penal Code. There's Voluntarily Causing Hurt (VGH) – non-seizable, and Voluntarily Causing Grievous Hurt (VCGH) – seizable. VGH cases may be investigated, or even reclassified as VCGH if appropriate. E.g., After a medical report.

See: http://www.spf.gov.sg/spotlight/20100308_today_section323.pdf

Somebody once told me after medical report comes back, if no fracture and dislocation very big diff if you wack someone...tio boh?..lol
VCH max only 2yrs, VCGH 10yrs..

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...3-c2dc-4284-bf68-eb315c55c8fa;rec=0#pr320-he-.

Last edited:
Unless the police saw it, they can't arrest the person unless you want them to. Only then can they proceed with a former investigation.

The police do not settle disputes, only the courts can

got video what.
It is equivalent that they saw it!

got video what.
It is equivalent that they saw it!

ever watched the Blair Witch Project? when it first came out, everyone thought it was real because of how realistically it was filmed.

go figure out what i mean

there is a street in Singapore where gambling den is set up right under their CCTV, maybe once in the blue moon the SPF takes actions.

also, makeing police report does nothing even if u feels threaten by someone or living i a neighborhood thats getting dangerous, they will tell u no cant do anything until an attack happens. so the case u mentioned, must go make police report, than go medical check up to get the report, go back to re-report. wait for the notification letter from the court, go infront of a judge n tell them what happens n u want to pursue the matter, than cross ur finger the SPF gets back to u.

if ur case publish in papers, maybe action will be taken.

for relative of those in elite circle, action taken very fast.

Reactions: ninelives
ever watched the Blair Witch Project? when it first came out, everyone thought it was real because of how realistically it was filmed.

go figure out what i mean

it is pathetic people have this kind of thinking.

even video also can't prove a thing.

where is the justice?

Sad.

it is pathetic people have this kind of thinking.

even video also can't prove a thing.

where is the justice?

Sad.

if everyone was allowed to take action on their own and pursue a vigilante's life, that would be more chaotic.

you might deem yourself righteous, but how would you punish the culprit?

the video can be used as evidence, but it has to be investigated first. what if it was a prank and someone just sent the video to the police, and asked them to arrest someone?

you were born with a brain. use it.

you are absolutely right. these ppl brain are made of
uY0c6O8.gif

is that you? no wonder you're so FOS :|

totally upset with this episode. how can all neighbours not hear the shouting and screaming. where is the kampong spirit?

how can the husband of the ruffian not stop her from beating the old lady?

how can police not arrest the ruffian with the beating; instead arrest her for rowdy behaviour towards police and etc?

do civilian need to lodge a civil suit in order for police to take action?

this is very sad

neighbours?

Most probably they are those with a type of thinking that video should be investigated first. LOLLL
Once authenticated by the police then they will come to help. LOLLL

Kampong spirit???

you can forget about it. Kampong spirit usually will not need video to be authenticated first. And that means most probably you don't need the police either. Because by the time they are done with the authentication, it is too late.

Reactions: ninelives
neighbours?

Most probably they are those with a type of thinking that video should be investigated first. LOLLL
Once authenticated by the police then they will come to help. LOLLL

Kampong spirit???

you can forget about it. Kampong spirit usually will not need video to be authenticated first. And that means most probably you don't need the police either. Because by the time they are done with the authentication, it is too late.

You do not fight violence with violence, if you think that you need force to deal with force

Watched the vid.

I think nowadays youngsters have different kind of mindset. During 70s-80s, when involved in a fight, it was a norm you don't rain down hits on a fallen opponent.

This one it's against a frail elderly opponent some more..... Really mind blowing.

I think nowadays youngsters have different kind of mindset.

Hmm... The assailant in the video is 41 years old, not exactly a youngster.

That said, it depends on who's saying it. I met an old lady yesterday (80+) who was telling me about this 'young man', whom I later found out was in his 50's.

Hmm... The assailant in the video is 41 years old, not exactly a youngster.

That said, it depends on who's saying it. I met an old lady yesterday (80+) who was telling me about this 'young man', whom I later found out was in his 50's.

Foxshade is a grandfather of 10 grandkids doncha know?

:bsmilie: