If seats are chope with tissue, do you really dare to sit?

Will you still sit at the seat chope by tissue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorable

Jun 8, 2009
Bury Road
There are people who claim that if the seats are chope using tissue, they will still sit, really?

out of graciousness, i will leave'em alone

i really wonder what is the fuss about all these complaints about the tissue syndrome.

granted the horror stories about the 6 men who treated the ang moh tourists with hostility, and those actions should be shamed/discouraged, I actually think the tissue "chop" seat is a orderly way of sit reservation.

It is still first come first serve isn't it. What is the difference between a person sitted down at a 6 chair table chopping the whole table vs 6 tissues chopping the table. if you came later and they came earlier to sit down or put tissue, it is still first come first serve.

Anyway, now with more and more food courts/places opening in the CBD area in recent months, the difficulty to find seats during lunch hours has been drastically reduced, perhaps with the exception of some small establishments with well known stalls for fish soup, etc.

ang mo tau kee!

It is still first come first serve isn't it. What is the difference between a person sitted down at a 6 chair table chopping the whole table vs 6 tissues chopping the table. if you came later and they came earlier to sit down or put tissue, it is still first come first serve.

I go chope seat with tissue paper first day in the morning for my lunch. :)

i just sit, and i don't mind those OLs staring while i slowly enjoying my lunch. :)

I would for rights and legal reasons but the problem is the "chopers" that you may end up arguing/quarreling are likely women. Not a gentleman thing to do. Thus I may not.

I'm not totally sure what the difference is personally, but I do find it quite poor behaviour.

And, theoretically, I could go to the food court, toss my tissue down, go do 3 hours of shopping next door, come back for my seat and have lunch, put my tissue back down, go do 6 hours of shopping, come back for my seat and have dinner.

Of course, put my tissue back down after dinner too, so when I come back next week my seat will still be reserved for me.

If you consider this tissue paper thing first come first serve (and ignoring the extreme example I've just given) then the following is also legit first come first serve:

I walk up to a table, put down a piece of paper that says, "I would quite like this place 6th July 2010 from 12:30pm to 2:30pm".

Yes you got there first, you're not hogging it, but hopefully even you would agree that it's a bit over the top.

The 2 cases I came across such behaviour, I moved aside the tissues and brushed off the person glaring eyes and silly excuse.:nono: Of course I big size fella so that helps.:bsmilie:

We should not condone such ungracious behaviour.

if the tissue paper is clean, I will use it to clean the seat and table before I re-chopped the vacant seat. I like to argue and this is just good a free opportunity to argue with ugly singaporeans :) then I'll make good street shots from this episodes.

imagine if one puts tissue paper there overnight, and the 'rules' says no choop, then how?

i'll just sit.
if the owners are ah beng/ah lian, then i move lor.
if not just kay siao act blur =D

Ah beng ah lian where got use tissue one??

Ah beng ah lian where got use tissue one??

agreed!:thumbsup: the more educated you are, the more disgusting 'gracious' you get. If a uneducated person behave in such barbarian way, i forgive him since he's/she's uneducated. If he's/she's educated well dress, 'GOOD LUCK' to him! :sticktong

Should depend on desperation level.

If I really, really want to eat at that hawker centre, then yes, I would remove the tissue and sit, and when the tissue paper owner comes, I would tell him/her he got the wrong table, that it's actually the next table lol. Let him/her fight with the innocent person I frame while I enjoy my meal.

If I really, really want to eat at that hawker centre, then yes, I would remove the tissue and sit, and when the tissue paper owner comes, I would tell him/her he got the wrong table, that it's actually the next table lol. Let him/her fight with the innocent person I frame while I enjoy my meal.

LOL. sigh.. you're smart and heartless.

good one there, if everyone does like you, then becom musical chair leh hahahahaha

the theoretical actions below would be the actual inconsiderate people, not the normal cbd office workers.

Tke key difference is for the actual people doing this, the tissues are there for 5, max 10mins when they queue, and they will leave in about half hr - 40mins thereabouts after finishing the meal, and the next person can use the table.

your examples, are exaggerations of the behaviour, and if really applied, are the truely inconsiderate behaviours.

which then again probably won't work as the cleaning staff will obviously throw or keep the tissues seeing no one at all in the foodcourt during off peak hrs and tissues lying there for > an hour haha..

if you really feel that this is a bad behaviour, get the owners/management of the foodcourts to buy in and put a "NO TISSUE RESERVATION" sign on the entrances. but chances are, i think the foodcourt owners also think it is a reasonable and orderly practise.

I'm not totally sure what the difference is personally, but I do find it quite poor behaviour.

And, theoretically, I could go to the food court, toss my tissue down, go do 3 hours of shopping next door, come back for my seat and have lunch, put my tissue back down, go do 6 hours of shopping, come back for my seat and have dinner.

Of course, put my tissue back down after dinner too, so when I come back next week my seat will still be reserved for me.

If you consider this tissue paper thing first come first serve (and ignoring the extreme example I've just given) then the following is also legit first come first serve:

I walk up to a table, put down a piece of paper that says, "I would quite like this place 6th July 2010 from 12:30pm to 2:30pm".

Yes you got there first, you're not hogging it, but hopefully even you would agree that it's a bit over the top.

agreed!:thumbsup: the more educated you are, the more disgusting 'gracious' you get. If a uneducated person behave in such barbarian way, i forgive him since he's/she's uneducated. If he's/she's educated well dress, 'GOOD LUCK' to him! :sticktong

but the thing with "educated" people is that they dont have gangs to back them up. i dont mind listening them to curse and swear all they like while i enjoy my meal. only fear is that ah beng/lian bring their "friends" there and whack me up.

anw i think ignoring them ('educated') is quite cool.. make them look like idiots. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.