If Photography is a Sport....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
How would u personally classify it as? A solitary sport (like jogging) or a social sport (like soccer)?

I'd like to see it as a solitary sport since I feel dat I work best alone. :)

jsbn said:
How would u personally classify it as? A solitary sport (like jogging) or a social sport (like soccer)?

I'd like to see it as a solitary sport since I feel dat I work best alone. :)

If you want to know what kind of sport photography is please attend a CS photo shoot.

The model is the goal keeper and half a dozen of photographers try to make a score. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
If you want to know what kind of sport photography is please attend a CS photo shoot.

The model is the goal keeper and half a dozen of photographers try to make a score. :bsmilie:

HAHAHAHA.. damn funny! :bsmilie:

Sion said:

Photography IS a sport especially if you shoot outdoors with large format gears. The weight of some camera is already that of your army backpack.

Sion said:

Score on angle? Score on quality? Score on Model? Score in Model? :bigeyes:

Photography is a sport alrite, more specific a tech race nw a days... who own the latest & most X gear wins... :bsmilie:

damian77 said:
... who own the latest & most X gear wins... :bsmilie:

Wins what?

photobum said:
Photography IS a sport especially if you shoot outdoors with large format gears. The weight of some camera is already that of your army backpack.

Does walking for 3 hours straight doing street or building photography count? :bsmilie:

Not to mention weather factors..:bsmilie:

Whatever it is, photography certainly has the potential to be a sport. I mean if golf and bowling can be considered as one, I dun see why photography can't where sometimes it's real sweat and physical stress we are exposed to!

P.S. Still can't figure why bowling and golf are sports... Maybe the more enlightened ones can explain to me? Of cos u need some strength to throw the ball or swing the stick but then... so does whenever I climb up and down the stairs to my home several times a day. :think: :dunno: :p

(Disclaimer: Dun mean it as an insult to the professions but a tongue in cheek comment. But still, personally, I dun see them as sports like others.)

I wish it were a sport.

And I wish they'd ask me to do photography in the army camp instead of doing IPPT.

Sion said:
Simple.

If photography induces sweat it's a sport.

If it doesn't induce sweat it's an ART.

:sweatsm:

I get a lot of sweat when I photograph you know what.:cool:

fWord said:
I wish it were a sport.

And I wish they'd ask me to do photography in the army camp instead of doing IPPT.
They will tell u to take a 1DsMkII + 1200mm f/5.6 lens + Studio Flash do 5BX every morning, u like dat? :sweat:

Sion said:
Simple.

If photography induces sweat it's a sport.

If it doesn't induce sweat it's an ART.

:sweatsm:
I sweat doubly when I really feel that the scene has a good potential to be a artistic shot. How? :dunno:

Hey jsbn... How did u do for your cognitive paper? Mine ok but didnt do well for my social. Sianz..... Dunno whether to continue my course for honours or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.