if my aperture(donno wads the right word) doesnt open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salonpas

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
wad could be the causes?

right now my LCD screen is showing BLACK only.. coz it didnt open...

Canon S45. can anyone help?

hi drumma,

wad should i do with the shutter prob? die2 i have to send it over to Canon... no no no... so far from my hse, cost me a bomb later on, and will take quite some time.. sigh...

now my camera is in a disassembled state. tink i will continue fiddling with it tmw. feel so sleepy.

if i were you, i will buy a new cam.. though this idea kinda of sucks if u are on a tight budget but no choice if you need a cam urgently.

sending it to canon, i don't know if checking of problems is free or not. but i don't think it will be free.

rather spend the money on a new cam.. if not, see what cams are available in BnS. see if u like them?

i'm not too sure if it's a shutter problem but it sounds like a shutter problem to me. care to elaborate more?

Salonpas said:
wad should i do with the shutter prob? die2 i have to send it over to Canon... no no no... so far from my hse, cost me a bomb later on, and will take quite some time.. sigh...

is it still under warranty? if i were you i'd sent it for repair, or at least ask what kind of damage the camera had incurred.

i kind of feel your pain. my flash got busted one time and i had to travel to the far end of aljunied to some ulu factory to get it repaired..walked all the way there and had to wait for 30 mins!

yah, its not free. once u send it to Canon, its at least $80 for their svc. not incl parts. sigh.

isnt much that i could elaborate. all i could say is, once the barrel extends fully n have a 'click' sound, the shutter refuse to open. it remains shut. any help?

and yah, on a tight, mebbe no budget at all. haha. juz a student doin his attachment now.

metallilan said:
is it still under warranty? if i were you i'd sent it for repair, or at least ask what kind of damage the camera had incurred.

i kind of feel your pain. my flash got busted one time and i had to travel to the far end of aljunied to some ulu factory to get it repaired..walked all the way there and had to wait for 30 mins!

no, no more under wty, 3yrs ady. count urself lucky u only had to wait 30mins. previously i had to wait 2wks to have mine repaired.

no nid la, u stay home. im buying 2 sets. 2nd set is for u. PM me ur add, i will send over personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.