If I have $700...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous

Feb 15, 2002
Silicon Valley
Visit site
what digicam should I get? must come with memory card. Also, does high megapixels = better??

Thanks.

anonymous said:
what digicam should I get? must come with memory card. Also, does high megapixels = better??

Thanks.

Canon ixus 500 - can consider this - maybe add little more to yr budget.

i second Canon A80. :thumbsup:

However, do note that the Canon A85 has launched in Europe. It's an upgrade from the Canon A75.

My suggestion, don't just take our word for it. :nono: You should go to the shops and try out the camera yourself. See if you like the feel of it and how it handles in your hand.

anonymous said:

Thanks.

get a canon a75/a80 as both fit yr budget. if getting a75, can get a bigger memory card to store more photo.

and no, high megapixels is not = better.

Happy shooting!

I'm thinking of getting the Canon S1 ;)

Snowcrash said:
get a canon a75/a80 as both fit yr budget. if getting a75, can get a bigger memory card to store more photo.

and no, high megapixels is not = better.

Happy shooting!
Agreed.

Higher megapixels is not = better

If you have a 200 Megapixel camera with a crap lens, there's really no point to having 200 megapixels, or 3,4,5 megapixels etc. to be more realistic...

Go out and try the camera and see which one fills your needs the most within your budget... :)

yes
it can filp to take your own
i suggest A80 also
A85 is upgrade of A70 which is 1 class lower and it use 1/2.7" CCD for a 4Megapix which will result to have more noise than A80 which use a bigger CCD 1/1.8" for the same 4Megapix
but the problem is 32MB card cant really store much photo guess you probably need to buy at least another 256MB (which should cost you around 60-80 i guess)
may be you can get A75 if you really limit to your buget (save the money to buy a CF card or a wide angle or tele lens haha)i will not suggest you wait for A85 cos i dun think it is a good deal

anonymous said:
can A80 LCD flip in a way that so I can take photo of myself?

you don't need a flip LCD to take a foto of yourself. Its better to look into the lens than the LCD.

get a 2nd hand Nikon 5700. new ones goes around 1.2k.

700, u'll be able to get one... or prehaps... top up a bit..

anonymous said:
why no one recommend :dunno: Nikon or Sony? No good is it?

Hmm. You really should explain wat your looking out for like size and weight preference. For $700, you can get from a hugh 2nd hand Sony 717 to a puny Sony T1.

anonymous said:
why no one recommend :dunno: Nikon or Sony? No good is it?

for sony I recommend sony w1, but out of yr budget if you need a bigger memory stick (256/512).

why canon a75/80? because it has some manual control if you want to explore further.

Status
Not open for further replies.