If I had to choose between cameras? Which should i go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin74

Choice A : NEW CANON 300d with Lense KIT + 50mm 1.8f

or Choice B : NEW NIKON D70 with Lense KIT

I will mostly use it to shoot groop shots (indoor + outdoor), my 1 year old daughter , family pics, and church events. :nono:

Which choice would be a better investment? for the same amount of dough.

BLUR ALREADY :eek: ... saw through too many forums...

edwin74 said:

I will mostly use it to shoot groop shots (indoor + outdoor), my 1 year old daughter , family pics, and church events. :nono:

the Canon D70 of cos.

Cash said:
the Canon D70 of cos.

Canon D70???... wow :bigeyes: :bigeyes: u manage to make a hybrid of the two... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... Canon 300D Mark II more like it... kekeke

The 300D and The D70 both are great cam with pros and cons on each sides... know what are those, decide what you need and what you can do without and just get the cam... no point comparing which is better than which... u miss a whole lot life moments.

Words from an Ameature... hehe.

lingfoo said:
Canon D70???... wow :bigeyes: :bigeyes: u manage to make a hybrid of the two... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... Canon 300D Mark II more like it... kekeke

The 300D and The D70 both are great cam with pros and cons on each sides... know what are those, decide what you need and what you can do without and just get the cam... no point comparing which is better than which... u miss a whole lot life moments.

:bsmilie: agreed! :bsmilie: check out http://www.dpreview.com for detailed review on both cameras... :D

lingfoo said:

quite right, but not entirely. The 300D is more plasticky so pix will come out a little plasticky.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

PS: if u believe the crap KR says, go ahead.

of coz i'll say 300d :p
both are really gd cams indeed.. so next consider the system. not cameras. their lens.. the L :devil:

edwin74 said:

I'll recommend D70 for it's value and feature sets,. Unless u are going pro, then u need to seriously consider the system as a whole. But seriously, most users just need the basics lens and body, so I believe u don't really need to worry about whether you are going to buy the S$2000++ lens blah blah blah.

Both system are capable. For now, Nikon has leap frog C in entry level camera. Nikon has the fastest fps, which u will need to freeze you kid as she learnt to run around and Nikon's wider angle lens will allow you to capture more esp Church events. Go and get D70, no regrets. :)

There is not much differences between these 2 cameras in quaility. Both cameras are good camera and like what Adam said, toss a coin to decide :D

Best is you go down to the camera shop to have a feel on the camera. See which one make you feel and hold better :)

Is it true NIKON LENSES are more expensive but abeit a little better in quality? LESS choice too.. :sweat:

How about keeping it in good working condition... DO YOU NEED TO GET A DRY CABINET , or will a DRY BOX Suffice? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.