If I had this...

Wao.... I rather have the $$$ for that camera and buy a FF camera with some serious Telephoto lens :bsmilie:

If i'm not wrong, the Thai king was also offered something like that a few years ago

Mod mode off:

LOL ! just my personal opinion, that is one gaudy , hiedous looking gold makeover M6 .... AND the round leather piece over the battery cover looks like popping out already

real smart ..... 24karat gold ...... this thing is going to scratch off anything harder than a tissue paper

i guess its not meant to be used...

sorry, there is no collectible value in this camera except that its different ...... it does not represent any globally significant event nor does it represent any firsts or benchmarks in Leica's history nor any milestone in the imaging industry ...... its just a 'LOOK AT ME !!' camera

Last edited:
honestly, if i had the money, i would rather buy several normal M6's than this ugly looking, easily scratched camera.. this is for collectors, not for photographers.. :thumbsd:

.......... oh wait .......... with gold prices since 1996 going up 5-6 times .... the base plate, top cover and lens barrell if really cast from 24carat gold would minimum be 5-6 ounces worth of gold

MIR at THAT time quoted a 2mil JPY price tag on that japanese website......... it still on sale today but at a discounted 1.58mil JPY .... kind of testimony to its collectible value

But do your maths...... the price tag seems now seems MUCH MORE reasonable and biased towards its Intrinsic value
Matsumoto Camera

Last edited:
.......... oh wait .......... with gold prices since 1996 going up 5-6 times .... the base plate, top cover and lens barrell if really cast from 24carat gold would minimum be 5-6 ounces worth of gold

MIR at THAT time quoted a 2mil JPY price tag on that japanese website......... it still on sale today but at a discounted 1.58mil JPY .... kind of testimony to its collectible value

But do your maths...... the price tag seems now seems MUCH MORE reasonable and biased towards its Intrinsic value
Matsumoto Camera

Not only that... the fact that it once belong to a REAL Sultan would surely make it 'worth' more than the gold itself. :think:

Nice gift. The Sultan is well-known for his generosity :)