If happen to u, what will u do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thheng71

Jun 10, 2004
Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
If happen that u buy a 2nd hand digital camera($500, claim that <1yr but w/o warranty card(lost)) from somebody that u dun knw . And after using for a short while(mayb a wk) the camera jam which required to send in for repair.
Will u send it in for repair to get it up or juz frame it up at home.
Comments anyone.

Dun scare me.. My camera warranty just over.. :(

thheng71 said:
If happen that u buy a 2nd hand digital camera($500, claim that <1yr but w/o warranty card(lost)) from somebody that u dun knw . And after using for a short while(mayb a wk) the camera jam which required to send in for repair.
Comments anyone.

If you are keen, you could try getting the manufacturer to do a check on the serial number.
They will know how old it is. Only problem is it may have been in the store some time before sold.
If they are willing to tell you which store bought it, you then contact the store.
Then get the sell date.... If all comes true, you may have a chance at warranty (still doubt it though).

A $500 camera is generally not worth repair.
Do a check via a news group to see if someone else has had this problem with same camera.

You might be lucky and find their fix is something you can do yourself.

Cheers

thks for the valuable advises.

how the initial unknown seller has this camera is ??? Will u still send for repair?
Do u register ur camera serial no to ur camera mfg.

Pablo said:
If you are keen, you could try getting the manufacturer to do a check on the serial number.
They will know how old it is. Only problem is it may have been in the store some time before sold.
If they are willing to tell you which store bought it, you then contact the store.
Then get the sell date.... If all comes true, you may have a chance at warranty (still doubt it though).

A $500 camera is generally not worth repair.
Do a check via a news group to see if someone else has had this problem with same camera.

You might be lucky and find their fix is something you can do yourself.

Cheers

that depends on the service personnel that service you... in sg, its really hard to see a service personnel that gives u a service which really makes your 2 thumbs up... if i can find 1 that doesn't make me lift a finger at him, he is considered quite good already. :bsmilie:

like my retired camera issue, i dunno where i put my warranty, and the camera is a pre order model, the guy saw & say no warranty card cannot repair, i told him bought in sg, he say no warranty card = maybe is parallel import, makes me wonder if they ever keep track of the number they sold... :angry:

imaginary_number said:
Send it in to the service centre, get a quote on repair costs.
what will happen if the service centre found that it is an stolen unit... furthermore u are no longer able to contact the 2nd hand seller.

thheng71 said:
Comments anyone.
I will kick my legs, scream, bang my head and finally push the button to detonate all nukes that would destroy the world.

Ok, enuff of the dramatics. I'll send it to the service centre and explain my situation to them. If they take my word for it, honour the warranty I'll be more than happy. If not, I'll get a quote frm them and see how much it'll cost and whether its worth it to get a better camera den to repair it.

Of cos, I can't understand why izzit would one wanna buy something from someone they don't know MINUS the warranty card? Warranty cards can't be eaten without causing indigestion you know?

If the warranty's expired, still understandable that the former owner lost or dumped it. If it hasn't even expired, why they hell would the warranty card be lost? ;)

Well, out of all the dramatic actions, you may also like to know that some manufacturers stated clearly that the "warranty is non-transferrable". :sweat:

Since the camera is working for a week, this shows that it is working initially. If it is malfunction after that, just send it to the camera vendor centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.