If go to speaker's corner attending a protest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata76

Apr 15, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
well a friend jio me go see the event..6.9million no to singapore at FB..

got permit already..if go..will kena pick up by eye ass de pple anot?;p

No lah ....... You are safe ..... If they try to pick you up just tell them CS sent you ..... :p

Is there free chicken rice or ice cream ? Organizer please provide some free mediacorp entertainment or lion dance.

well a friend jio me go see the event..6.9million no to singapore at FB..

got permit already..if go..will kena pick up by eye ass de pple anot?;p

If you Kiasi, wear a mask :)

v4.gif

No lah ....... You are safe ..... If they try to pick you up just tell them CS sent you ..... :p

depands on which pick up line they use and if the person is chio or not :bsmilie:

photos will make those who don't want exposure to not show up. Just go and make your point and move on.

pick up line for this will be:

Can I invite you for kopi ..................... in Cantonment Road :bsmilie:

I thought the pick up line should be .......

"Send this guy to Woodbridge Hospital."

disguise yourself as a cat.

Then can easily be kuching kurak. Police won't care for kuching kurak. LOL

You will be very popular if you disguise as this cat :)

478074-373x500.jpg

No scared no scared ... this rally got licence one ..... go go go ...

The permit is to go and speak in the speaker's corner. It is not a permit to organise a protest.

What's the point? The white paper is going to be endorsed at tmr's parly. There is also a Public Orders Act (Chapter 257A) debate. I wonder if this is in anticipation to a sizeable turnout at Hong Lim "protest" ?

BTW, protest need to get clearance from a few agencies, I think. Remember the chinese bus drivers "strike"?

If 50 pple turn up, all can go into the police bus. If 500 pple turn up, the organizing committee can go into police car. If 5000 pple turn up, Hong Lim park where got so big. If 50k pple turn up, will spill onto road and cause traffic jam. Don't think government will allow this to happen.

Last edited:
Fear is indeed a powerful weapon.

But Hope is an even more powerful weapon.

Hehehe

I would think of another more powerful one.....

LOVE CONQUEROR ALL......... including fear, and love for your country, your children's future..... Singapore future......

The organiser tries to gather at least 1,000 people to attend the event. This is considered quite small scale given our total population is around 5.3m. Look at Malaysia protests whereby thousands would turned up. Having said that, it is still a good initiative.

Singapore is now divided, it is quite sad. Out of the 5.3m total population, 3.3m people are classified as Singaporeans and 553k are PRs while the remaining 1.5m are non-residents.

Does the government publish the actual details on the true blue Singaporeans from the 3.3m lot. Foreigners who obtained citizenship will be classified into the 3.3m lot. Hence, how many are actually true blue Singaporeans?

As you can see, the total population already consists almost half non true blue Singaporeans. Will these people now tell the government please stop bringining in more foreigners. If I am a foreigners turned into Singapore citizen, will I ask the government to put a stop to influx of foreigners. The answer is obvious no since I wish that my relatives, siblings, parents, friends, etc.... the list goes on to come to Singapore to settle down for whatever reasons.

LTK made a direct and straight to the point speech. It is quite sad that the government still cannot see the root cause to why population decline and continue to chose to take the easy and myopic approach to sustain economic growth.

'kicking the can down the road' indeed

When the 6.9 million turns old what should we do? 8 million ?? This is not a solution just an easy way out, a bottom less hole.

Agree.. If our country is not condusive to reproduction for whatever reasons - work stress, high costs of living, skewed aspirations etc, so what if we get to 6.9 mio? Can we guarantee they will reproduce? Can we seek a guarantee from all the instant imports that they will produce children to ensure a constant pool of people. If not then in time to come, we really then have a real super tsunami of old people which is what the govt fear & try to find a solution for. If they reproduce prolifically (as people from certain countries do) without incentives, coercion & what not, it will just mean that the population would be much much more than that targetted. We may end up drowning in a sea of people like what we seeing now at MRT exchanges.

There is always the danger when we try to manipulate people for our purposes, its not like manipulating other physical resources. Besides the economic aspects, there are serious social, political & other consequences. Things may blow up in our face if not managed well. Fact is, corporations are so eager to employ cheap labour with their eyes focussed largely on profits but who bears the social & infrastructure costs?? We dont even have proper lodgings for the foreign workers now. And we see how vocal & political some workers are, like the recent bus driver protest saga. In HK, even maids can protests & demand permanent residency. More people mean more mouths to feed. So what if the economic pie increases, we may end up with the same if not smaller slice. We see the widening income gap & economic divide even now. Besides infrastructure, there will be the need to increase the number of services providers like cleaners, police officers, etc etc. The need for more & more workers will never end & the cycle repeats itself. We are unlike other cities which have a large hinterland or unlimited space (look at our neighbours). We have limited land & other resources & we need to recognise the limits & know the optimal points.

So far I have not heard any concrete measures to address all these. Only people singing of the benefits, but not the costs!

When the 6.9 million turns old what should we do? 8 million ?? This is not a solution just an easy way out, a bottom less hole.

Last edited:
If the imports really produce 3-4 babies then the true blue Singapore will become the minority. Look at USA, UK or France the voices of the imports are so strong that even the
Government there have to Kao Tao to them. The roots are so deep that nothing can be done to change that now.

give you all magic number

2016. you know what to do

those who don't know what to do. Saturday and Sunday $2 big $2 small , 24 permutations. huat ah!

Status
Not open for further replies.