If camera needs shutter mechanism replacement, how much would you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
supposedly the camera is rated at 100,000 shutters but then shutter failed after 120,000 or so...how many % of the camera cost would you be comfortable with paying to replace the shutter mechanism?

or would you simply buy a new camera?

*just to check...if exceeded the shutter limit before shutter mechanism failed but under warranty, does any brand offer shutter mechanism for free :think:

All brands will replace the shutter for free if it's in warranty. After that, the cost is usually between 150-200 SGD.

Just send to servicing centre.... and pay up lor..... :sweat:

All brands will replace the shutter for free if it's in warranty. After that, the cost is usually between 150-200 SGD.
in that case...quite worth to get Canon extended warranty for the 1D, 5D and etc if Canon also have. Machine gun all the way, a lot of event and studio photographers will be happy.

I think the way service centre work is they will look at your shuttercount. If below rated and in warranty=free replacement. If higher than rated but still in warranty=must pay for part and gst and don't need pay for labour because it is considered as wear and tear.

The cost of the replacement shutter is a lot lower than the cost of a new body, so it always make sense to replace it when needed unless the body is very old liao.

Just upgrade to the latest camera body... :D

BBB :angel:

I'll pay whatever Canon Service Center quotes me. What else can I do?

For 400D, it was S$50+ without service charge (under 3 years warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.