if buying LX3, wait until february 21, 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimumancer

Sep 15, 2009
acdg to 43rumors.com yesterday January 20,2010

http://43rumors.com/ft5-panasonic-lx3-successor-and-panasonic-g-series-update/

there would be an lx3 successor, what's 1 month to wait if there is indeed a successor, the rumor was classified Ft5, 90% chance of being true acdg to them...I just hope they make it more pocketable (retractable lens, smaller body like the s90), retain the wide angle (better if longer zoom), better dynamic range, better controls, better high iso performance, i'd even be willing to shell 100$ more for that for sure :bsmilie:

Even if there is a replacement to the LX-3, why should that stop anyone considering to buy one now. Even assuming the rumor is true, there are some good reasons to still consider the LX-3.
For one, the rumored new camera won't immediately be in the shops, the price could be higher, there's every likelihood for bugs that will require firmware upgrades, newer and more features doesn't always equate to better performance.

I personally felt that the current price of the LX-3 to be pretty reasonable and it was also a deciding factor, prior to my purchase. Even if the "LX-4" were to be introduced, I know it'll most likely be costing more and the LX-3 might not necessarily get a price slash. Infact, if I were to wait, I suspect there will be a likelihood of me getting the GF-1 than the "LX-4".

That's the reason why I got my LX3 last month. Doesn't matter if a replacement comes out, it'll probably be more expensive and only available in the shops later in the year.

That's the reason why I got my LX3 last month. Doesn't matter if a replacement comes out, it'll probably be more expensive and only available in the shops later in the year.

In addition, must see if the new features are worth upgrading for current LX3 owners.

In addition, must see if the new features are worth upgrading for current LX3 owners.

True, and I don't ask for too much... let there be a built-in cap and longer reach! :thumbsup:

True, and I don't ask for too much... let there be a built-in cap and longer reach! :thumbsup:

Built-in lens cap i doubt so. Longer zoom possible, maybe include higher pixels, the new power OIS system and also cleaner high ISO pics.

im keeping my LX3 even if i eventually buy "LX4" when its out, imho LX3 will become a classic cult digicam :)

im keeping my LX3 even if i eventually buy "LX4" when its out, imho LX3 will become a classic cult digicam :)

Then u should also buy LX1 and LX2 in the first place, so u'll have the whole collection. ;p

What? There's still no Leica D-Lux 5 yet. Where will the LX4's lens come from?;p Maybe Panasonic will fit their own lens now? The lenses for GF1 are great...

What? There's still no Leica D-Lux 5 yet. Where will the LX4's lens come from?;p Maybe Panasonic will fit their own lens now? The lenses for GF1 are great...

If there's really a LX4, its lens should still be from Leica.

If there's really a LX4, its lens should still be from Leica.

Is it possible that they will use the same lens, and that they improve the camera instead that perfect little lens?

Is it possible that they will use the same lens, and that they improve the camera instead that perfect little lens?

Only the front element is from Leica though. Imagine the LX4 using the normal Vario DC lens. :sweatsm:

Camera improvements definitely but how significant are the improvements? That's the big question that many of us here would like to know too.

Only the front element is from Leica though. Imagine the LX4 using the normal Vario DC lens. :sweatsm:

Camera improvements definitely but how significant are the improvements? That's the big question that many of us here would like to know too.

Well you are right. Like how they beefed up the G10 to a G11. I for one will not mind the G10.

Until the day comes where we can customise our cameras, guess we'll have to give and take and work around it.

... but I still hate dangling caps!

so so .. is the rumor true? i'm still contemplating whether to get Lx3.

i bet once LX4 comes out... half of the people here will say "damn! i should've waited a bit more!"

well its a normal reaction hehe

True or otherwise,
Thank you

Appreciate the tip.
I'll hold back my purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.