If 28mm is not wide enough

If 28mm is not wide enough, choose an option....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2006
If 28mm is not wide enough where should i go?

Feb 2, 2006
wa so many people vote for 17mm why??

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
what is the subject you are shooting? Fisheye for landscape and architectural. 17mm for big group photos. Or if dont have any, just take 2 or more shots and stich them together.

black.ink

Feb 5, 2006
heck cant vote, i would go for 17mm too (if lower even better!)

had the gd fortune of checking out output from 3 different FishEyes..adn several other such shots from unknown pcs.

at first the shot orientation and extreme barrel distortion attracts me to view the image, but after coming back for a 2nd glimpse, it lost much of its strong appeal on me for some reasons. too much curves??

of cos i have seen some memorable FE shots, but i kinda think these are the odd few rather than the norm.

i figure if i do indeed get to own a FE, it could be an infrequently used lens, but one that is most interesting to use whenever i really feel like it. hopefully then i would have mastered the 'right' techniques and perspective to appreciate it fully.

just my two pennies..
anyone like to share their FE masterpcs here

FE and wide angle are two diff lens, not all FE can give good angle coverage like 180degree.
90 degree for a wide angle is consider very good. :)

For FE is better not to tilt the lens as there tools can defish the shot after that.

Feb 2, 2006
I was refering to full frame.... haha.... so 17mm is based on 1.6x crop factor??
which means 20mm is enough la?? actually which focal length can get >90 deg view angle?

Feb 2, 2006
just a question though... a wide angle lens means the subject will all become very small??? lets say i wanna do street photography and capture people's expression as well for example...

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
duhduh83 said:
just a question though... a wide angle lens means the subject will all become very small??? lets say i wanna do street photography and capture people's expression as well for example...
move the subject (people) nearer to you lor. This way you can capture the background as well as a good size of the person you are taking.

just my 2 rupiah thought

Feb 2, 2006
DeSwitch said:
move the subject (people) nearer to you lor. This way you can capture the background as well as a good size of the person you are taking.

just my 2 rupiah thought
but its street photography leh.... how can ask people to move nearer.... haha i think u meant i move nearer to the people.... then the background will be blocked right? lol have not owned a wide angle before so i dont really know....

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
17mm for FF

12mm for 1.6x

Feb 2, 2006
17mm wins out..... too bad i dont have $$$ for it.... 20mm cheaper.... haha

Dec 5, 2005
Try the Sigma 12-24 EX DG on a FF camera , how wide it can go will really blow you away.:thumbsup:
However, that said, extreme care has to be taken when composing your shot though.
Added bonus being it can be use on a 1.6X or 1.5X LF DSLR.:thumbsup:
The downside of it is that you won't be able to use any normal filter on it except gelatin ones.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom