How was it? What did they cover?

Was the food nice?

Hehehehehe!

Hey ... you went for the workshop!
How was it? What did they cover?
Was the food nice?
Hehehehehe!
yes, went there, thanks for the hint!
some results are here http://ieatishootipost.sg/ while canon got the first prize (in a canon organised workshop), Nikon made 2nd and 3rd ;)
the good Dr. covered the basics, i think most were new to food photography and many new to photography in general...
I have been to that japanese restaurant before and the food is nice, it is maintstream japanese but of good quality...
overall the afternoon was really fun and nice to mingle among canoniers for a change ;)

share some tips and guides they covered! =)
share some tips... mmmhh
> use ambient light, so get a table near the window
> if use flash, use it off camera and subtle... (something Canon has a problem but is a breeze with Nikon CLS)
> use side light or shoot against the light, gives shines on the food which makes it more appealing as it looks less dry
> play with DOF
> play with colours and diagonals to draw the eye to the most interesting part
> and lastely shoot shoot shoot shoot

Hey Michael, congrats for the 3rd place :) This is more like a fun gathering rather than a serious photography contest. The selection of winners is done solely by the Dr.

Nice meeting you and seeing all your gears make me go "ga-ga". Cheers :thumbsup:

Hey Michael, congrats for the 3rd place :) This is more like a fun gathering rather than a serious photography contest. The selection of winners is done solely by the Dr.
of course it is... it was great fun and i am just poking a bit ;p:bsmilie::bsmilie:
i learnt something enjoyed some good food... so thanks for organising and let me know about the next one!
Nice meeting you and seeing all your gears make me go "ga-ga". Cheers :thumbsup:
i'd let you try it but you got the wrong mount.... the darkside is lurking

yes, went there, thanks for the hint!
some results are here http://ieatishootipost.sg/ while canon got the first prize (in a canon organised workshop), Nikon made 2nd and 3rd ;)
the good Dr. covered the basics, i think most were new to food photography and many new to photography in general...
I have been to that japanese restaurant before and the food is nice, it is maintstream japanese but of good quality...
overall the afternoon was really fun and nice to mingle among canoniers for a change ;)

Ay, when I picked the winners, I have no idea what camera brand the photos were taken by! There is no kelong involved. AND if there were such a concern over the brands used, I think 2nd and 3rd would not have been Nikon cameras. :)

Anyway the link to the photos are here: LINK

share some tips... mmmhh
> use ambient light, so get a table near the window
> if use flash, use it off camera and subtle... (something Canon has a problem but is a breeze with Nikon CLS)
> use side light or shoot against the light, gives shines on the food which makes it more appealing as it looks less dry
> play with DOF
> play with colours and diagonals to draw the eye to the most interesting part
> and lastely shoot shoot shoot shoot

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WIN MICHAEL!
:cheergal:

Great to hear that you had fun, learned something new (many, from the sound of your description!), enjoyed the food and had a blast meeting and getting to know other enthusiasts!

It's really encouraging to know that skilled photographers like the good Doctor is willing to share his hard-earned knowledge and experience with everyone! :thumbsup:

CHEERS!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WIN MICHAEL!
:cheergal:

Great to hear that you had fun, learned something new (many, from the sound of your description!), enjoyed the food and had a blast meeting and getting to know other enthusiasts!

It's really encouraging to know that skilled photographers like the good Doctor is willing to share his hard-earned knowledge and experience with everyone! :thumbsup:

CHEERS!
yes indeed... looking forward to another one!

Yes Leslie, it's the man behind the camera and not the camera or memory card used.

Good to see you posting here.

Ay, when I picked the winners, I have no idea what camera brand the photos were taken by! There is no kelong involved. AND if there were such a concern over the brands used, I think 2nd and 3rd would not have been Nikon cameras. :)

Anyway the link to the photos are here: LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.