Identify Yourself

Are You a PRO, Amateur or Beginner?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kazu

Just wondering how many PROs, Amateurs and Beginners Photographer in CS.

It's not fair! I don't see any newbies option there. :cry:

Newbies != Beginners

* togu can't find a place to chuck himself in.

:p

Originally posted by togu
It's not fair! I don't see any newbies option there. :cry:

Newbies != Beginners

* togu can't find a place to chuck himself in.

Y Newbies != Beginners?

Originally posted by Kazu

Y Newbies != Beginners?

Newbies are somone who just pick up photography, bought a new camera, and shoot a few photos. (For eg, togu)

Beginners are someone who already knows a bit about photography but not too much, and keep trying the different configs to achieve better results. (For eg, togu in another few months).

Togu is in self delusional state again

Togu is beginner/intermediate PRETENDING to be newbie;)

Originally posted by togu

Newbies are somone who just pick up photography, bought a new camera, and shoot a few photos. (For eg, togu)

Beginners are someone who already knows a bit about photography but not too much, and keep trying the different configs to achieve better results. (For eg, togu in another few months).

Dont you think that this forum should show the experience of members probably below their Avatar?

Dont you think that this forum should show the experience of members probably below their Avatar?

How do you propose to do that? :)

Originally posted by sebastiansong
Togu is in self delusional state again

Togu is beginner/intermediate PRETENDING to be newbie;)

* togu blushes

Way to go, I'll put myself under beginner. :)

It's very difficult to gauge the level of each individual. Very subjective and er.. very sensitive to some at times.

1. If you'll to ask the mods to categorised each individual, the mods will suffocate in no time.

2. Members voting - Very subjective too. Everyone will probably push me way high, for being a lovely fat cat. :p

3. Based on equipments - That conflicts with the "The photographer makes the picture" golden rule.

4. Based on number of pictures posted - We might end up getting lots of funny postings.

PS. Point 3 and 4 will attract Mr KNV immediately.

Just my...er...2 cents. :)

alamak !!!!! i belongs to other cat......
me only the student of the beginners...:confused:

haha I am a Senior Theoretical PhotoG... I take pictures in my head and discuss more...
who ask film and DSLR to be so expensive...

How about guaging by the number of photos taken? The more pictures you've taken, the more experienced you are? :dunno:

Originally posted by Gr|ever
How about guaging by the number of photos taken? The more pictures you've taken, the more experienced you are? :dunno:

wat if somebody juzt anyhow prezz the shutter releaze .............. ?? ............. hehehehhe ............. like that can shoot a lot of picz alzo mah .............. hehehehhee ............

no offence ............. :bsmilie:

az for me ............. me am still learning to be a beginner ............ :p

:D

Originally posted by Gr|ever

have 4000+ unique shots with my first digicam in its first 4 mths... not too indicative...

as for pros, why not just catagorize pros as those who make a living out of photography? isn't that the usual definition of a pro?

Originally posted by GitS
as for pros, why not just catagorize pros as those who make a living out of photography? isn't that the usual definition of a pro?

Thats wat i call pro!
:D

I'm beginner. :)

I've learned alot at CS.... everyday is a learning experience. While browsing thru the forums, I pickup tips and tricks.

;)

I think there is a big gap here between Amateur and Professional photographer.

What about those who are strictly neither amateur nor professional?

Serious Amateur it is! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.