Status
Not open for further replies.

mudsoap

Sep 1, 2004
Singapore
www.mudsoap.net
Hi people..
pls help me with a few questions..

I got this old school lens with me now from someone.
I reckon it's a Tamron 80-210mm, manual focus lens? f/3.8?

Is it possible to mount it on 350D with any adapter? will it be expensive? :)

Tamron_cf_tele_macro1.jpg

Tamron_cf_tele_macro2.jpg

You need a T adaptor for Canon mount for using on Canon camera, but I'm not sure you can find any of this T adaptor for your 350D, because this Tamron has been discoutinue design lenses with T adaptor mount long long ago.

Old Tamron lenses used adaptall system where u can buy individual adaptor for different camera like M42 adaptors but can operate lens with open aperture metering. However not sure is there an adaptall adaptor for auto focus EOS mount. In the era of auto focusing Tamron did away with the adaptall concept and made lenses with specific mount.

catchlights said:
You need a T adaptor for Canon mount for using on Canon camera

It's funny to read this, as the adapter in the photo is for Canon :).

i can't reaally see clearly the label on the adapter, but does it say C/FD? if it's FD you wont be able to mount on the 350D's EF mount

Yes, you need a adaptall mount like M42/Nikon/eos and an appropriate EOS adaptor to use on 350D with manual stop down.

This is a pretty good lens according to some reports. Search for "cult classic lenses ".

looks like an FD adaptall to me, which would fit my old canon manual bodies... from what i can tell, it looks like it's got macro-focus at 210mm

i did a google on the lens and it seems to cost around 300USD .. not sure if manual focus at 210mm would be possible. prob not sports but maybe zoo shots possible? if the adapter's cheap say, 30+ bucks would be cool..

i'll be looking around and see how it goes.. :)

mudsoap said:
oh yes. my friends used this lens for his Canon SLR.

I have a few Tamron lenses with Adaptall 2 mount and you can still get the Canon EOS mount from ebay. Just searh under Adaptall 2. However, I think the mount alone can cost almost US$200! So if you only have one lens, then maybe it is not worth it to buy. :nono:

used this lens 20 years ago. sold it.
not bad but not equal to Canon 80-200L f/4 FD
I admire Tamron for their concept of Adaptall2 adapters. Have fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.