ideas to distinguish batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
believe many of us would have many sets of similar rechargeable batteries (i have 4 sets) and it would make sense to always group them in sets (2 or 4) and charge/use the batteries in the same set.

the question is how do you distinguish between the different sets so that you would not mix them up (eg charge fully charged batteries or place flat batteries into the camera). even if you were to use battery cases, there is still a possiblity of mixing them up.

was thinking of using them colour stickers for calender, but i think that the charging process would be so hot that the stickers would melt.

any ideas? :dunno:

djchris

Jul 21, 2002
www.confusedillusions.com
I have battery cases...
For me, the charged batts will be all facing 1 direction, meaning the positives are all at 1 direction.

As for the used-befores and flat batteries, two of them wil face one direction and two of them at another.

I just try to remember if the used batteries are flat or not. :)

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
simple. since most items use 4 batteries, step 1 is to put them into battery cases.

step 2. used batteries, i personally put them in a Up-Down-Up-Down arrangement. if charged and unused, i use an all-Up position. :)

simple, isn't it? :)

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I group my batteries in sets of 4 and label each battery with a number or character using a marker. As for determining whether a battery is fully charged or depleted or semi depleted, I use a multimeter to check te voltage. Fully charged or highly charged NiMH are in excess of 1.3V. Depleted batteries are ~1.2V.

AJ23

Jun 12, 2003
Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
yeah, I think battery case is one of the easier way to manage tons of batteries, cheap and good. :)

Unless u r comfortable with using coloured tapes to identify which is which. There are thermal colour tapes I think u can try.

ianphua

May 25, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by AJ23
yeah, I think battery case is one of the easier way to manage tons of batteries, cheap and good. :)

Unless u r comfortable with using coloured tapes to identify which is which. There are thermal colour tapes I think u can try.
Where can we get these battery cases?

Hobbes234

Oct 6, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
what i do is to place small stickers with numbers writtem on them to identify them as a set..
you can write set numbers on the battery with a marker too if you want..

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
I have 3 sets of batteries for my camera and 2 sets for my flash.

So I label them in sets of 1, 2, 3 and F1, F2. When it's half used, or used, I will turn them until the number face downwards in their casings.

I try to use Set 1, 2, 3 in order, so I can easily charge those expended.

I label using stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom