Ideas needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelda

Apr 14, 2009
Hey, everyone .. my school prints is doing an ad for NIKe and I am asked to shoot a DJ in Nike clothing.
Last time we shot for NIKE we just did it on top of our block..
See the link
http://theurbanwire.com/2009/05/21/nike-spring-summer-2009-photoshoot/

Now my problem is that Besides the radio station I can shoot at.. I want to know Is there any other location that can use as a nice background to give the DJ an edgy ,energetic and vibrant look?

ANy idea is welcome. Appreciated for helping.

Hey, everyone .. my school prints is doing an ad for NIKe and I am asked to shoot a DJ in Nike clothing.
Last time we shot for NIKE we just did it on top of our block..
See the link
http://theurbanwire.com/2009/05/21/nike-spring-summer-2009-photoshoot/

Now my problem is that Besides the radio station I can shoot at.. I want to know Is there any other location that can use as a nice background to give the DJ an edgy ,energetic and vibrant look?

ANy idea is welcome. Appreciated for helping.

Punggol lalang field?

hmm some where with graphitti as background. colourful splashes. maybe can go the skateboarder area look out for colourful background.

or the arts building with colourful windows.

Maybe Skate park in somerset or lakeside.

Thank you.Which part of lakeside?

from your past postings, you said u're new to photography..and now you're doing an advertisement for NIKE.

you must be one good talker to persuade nike to let you shoot their ads for them.

nice shots. haji lane has the graffiti feel you may look for. Or if you want can try jalan besar for more ghettoish style.

nice shots. haji lane has the graffiti feel you may look for. Or if you want can try jalan besar for more ghettoish style.

Thanks a lot for helping .. One of the designers in my office mentioned about the same place just a few minutes ago.

from your past postings, you said u're new to photography..and now you're doing an advertisement for NIKE.

you must be one good talker to persuade nike to let you shoot their ads for them.

I have deleted the other thread if it is making you so angry. As I mentioned, I am still quite new to advertising photography and I have lesser than a year of shooting experience and last time whatever I do is just to self-entertain. Now THe only reason I have to shoot for NIKE is that my school 's in house production got the project with NIKE and My role is the photographer in our company ( I am doing my final year project )so whether I am good or not , it is my job to shoot. And as I am foreign student, I am less familiar with good photography location in SG and my deadline is six o clock later ... and I thought it does not hurt anyone if I post the same thread twice in different place.
Why do you have to sound so hostile ?
WHy do you have to question my personality even if you dun know anything about me?

hmm some where with graphitti as background. colourful splashes. maybe can go the skateboarder area look out for colourful background.

or the arts building with colourful windows.

Thank you.. You got me really thinking ..

IMHO, For the pictures, the surrounding did not fit into the apparel. While I don't know what the season theme was, the black shoe doesn't fit with the dark jeans. The purple beach shoe, the whole fitting if nice but location wrong place.

skate park and get the models to lie down on the graffiti packed floor.

eeew. because he's not getting any.

No idea what the theme is, what the wadrobe selection will be like, or what the styling or Art Direction will be, but here's my blind suggestion:

Go to Boat Quay. Go behind the back alley there.

It's so grotty and cluttered and crappy that it would make a perfect setting for multiple strobe/gels set-up (think garish, multi-coloured neon SFX) shots, and give you a perfect combination of edgy, surreal as well as 'street ghetto' (you did mention 'edgy' and 'DJ').

All the best for your shoot ;) and no, spamming of any sort is generally not accepted here even though some spams do slip thriough once in awhile.

Oh yeah baby! Just found this: http://images.google.com.sg/images?hl=en&q=back+alley+of+boat+quay&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

Last edited:
No idea what the theme is, what the wadrobe selection will be like, or what the styling or Art Direction will be, but here's my blind suggestion:

Go to Boat Quay. Go behind the back alley there.

It's so grotty and cluttered and crappy that it would make a perfect setting for multiple strobe/gels set-up (think garish, multi-coloured neon SFX) shots, and give you a perfect combination of edgy, surreal as well as 'street ghetto' (you did mention 'edgy' and 'DJ').

All the best for your shoot ;) and no, spamming of any sort is generally not accepted here even though some spams do slip thriough once in awhile.

Oh yeah baby! Just found this: http://images.google.com.sg/images?hl=en&q=back+alley+of+boat+quay&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

dustbin central. :bsmilie:

and I thought it does not hurt anyone if I post the same thread twice in different place.

obviously you have not read CS's Terms of Use.

4. Spam - We will not tolerate posting of the same message to two or more forums. Any such posts will be merged or deleted and repeated abuse will result in banishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.