ideas for photographic projects: B&W photography class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kytus

Apr 15, 2004
San Deigo
hi,

I was hired by a children science camp to teach black and white photography. It runs for about 8 weeks starting june 19th and I need to create a lecture plan. I need some help coming up with ideas for photographic projects.

I was thinking about doing stuff like portraits one week and the next macro/studio photography and maybe the next outdoor architecture.

If anyone has any good ideas please leave me a post.

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Black n White portraits...

tucker

Jul 13, 2002
singapore
www.flickr.com
Kytus said:
hi,

I was hired by a children science camp to teach black and white photography. It runs for about 8 weeks starting june 19th and I need to create a lecture plan. I need some help coming up with ideas for photographic projects.
no offence, but if they will hire you, why are you still bothered with coming up with ideas?
anyway, I think you'll have better luck doing your own search online then post your query here.
good luck

Mezzotint

Dec 27, 2004
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
Teach the kids on the basic science of photography and the most traditional and original way i.e. pinhole photography. You can include the making of a pinhole camera (DIY), shooting with it upon completion with B&W films, be it 35mm or 120, and most importantly to learn abt lighting.

Oh boy! There's so much to learn abt Black&White Photography not to mention Darkroom printing & developing techniques, the Zone System and many more. Try to pick the most fun & interesting topics to teach, so the kids will learn to pick up this great hobby with lotsa of fun.

Just my 2-cents worth. Hope it helps. :)

Kytus

Apr 15, 2004
San Deigo
Mezzotint said:
Teach the kids on the basic science of photography and the most traditional and original way i.e. pinhole photography. You can include the making of a pinhole camera (DIY), shooting with it upon completion with B&W films, be it 35mm or 120, and most importantly to learn abt lighting.

Oh boy! There's so much to learn abt Black&White Photography not to mention Darkroom printing & developing techniques, the Zone System and many more. Try to pick the most fun & interesting topics to teach, so the kids will learn to pick up this great hobby with lotsa of fun.

Just my 2-cents worth. Hope it helps. :)
They are pretty young and pinhole cameras are probably a good place to start. But I did this project in high school that was really fun it involed a distortion of perspective where someone would stand in the distance and another person near the camera and they would interact. I totaly forgot the name of the technique. Any idea what its called?

Status
Not open for further replies.