Ideas and suggestions for Children's Day gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all (except my pupils who are lurking around).

Children's Day is coming, i.e. 1 October and it's going to be their last (they're graduating this year ... sniff ... )

Any suggestions or ideas for the gift which I can give? My budget's around $5 per kid and I'd like to give them something, probably a little unconventional which will remind them of their childhood ...

Realistic ones please ... TIA! ;)

you should try walking around Concourse on beach road. there's a lot of those wholesale stationery and gift idea shops there. i know a lot of teachers who go there for ideas... and they're cheap.

I always remembered my primary school teacher who introduced me to Violet Crumble and Mars bar. :)

But go with the healthy lifestyle and give everyone a Myoplex protein bar. They will hate it now, but they will rave about you when they r older. :angel:

hmmm.. give pens and pencils.....

chocolates !!!! lol...

or erm.... Popular Discounts...

create an album, with group pics, PE pics, exam pics, canteen pics, etc... then leave some blank pages here and there for them to write well wishes to one another and you. abit tedious but can be quite memorable. =)

Get one of those wooden ikea photo frames...for 4R size, in a pack of three think about $2-$3 which they can paint, draw or decorate on their own..and place your class photo in it...

I was so thrilled when my teacher gave it to me (w/o the frame :bsmilie: ) when i was in primary 4 and still treasure it...

karwing said:
create an album, with group pics, PE pics, exam pics, canteen pics, etc... then leave some blank pages here and there for them to write well wishes to one another and you. abit tedious but can be quite memorable. =)

good idea.. but where to find the pics ?? ask adam to take them during the classes ?? wad if the principal sees it ?? deep trouble rite ?? not supposed to do so during the core of duty leh.... :bsmilie:

but its a good idea... i will get it done... for my graduation ceremony... lol...

glennyong said:
good idea.. but where to find the pics ?? ask adam to take them during the classes ?? wad if the principal sees it ?? deep trouble rite ?? not supposed to do so during the core of duty leh.... :bsmilie:

but its a good idea... i will get it done... for my graduation ceremony... lol...

maybe he can propose this to his principal... who know, the principal may ask him to do it for all the PSLE classes, hehe...

if there's a will there's a way. =)

karwing said:

Good idea! I may do that after their PSLE for their graduation. Thanks! ;)

a montage of everyone's faces.

so when they grad, they'll be thankful you put in the work to make it happen for them.

this was my attempt that about two years ago.
test.jpg

adam, you shouldn't face that many people carrying and using handphones in the photos, i believe... :D

but it's a hassle to make sure the camera is always on standby also... so perhaps, group photos (like whatever colour groups they're called in class) would do better, since that will give a better sense of identity.

OOoOooOOOo ...... Nice oNe !!! i wOuld 2 tRy 2 !! hey.. erm.... Sehsuan, the centre pic is actually a class photo or grp ? wad can it be replaced as ??

can teach me ??

to sehsuan: nice idea :thumbsup:

to AdamGoi: well, i still remember my final yr in sec sch my teacher gave each of us a ceramic cup and wrote some meaningful quotes in it. till now i still keep it. So wat i want to say is no matter wat gift u gives, they will appreciate it :)
But then hor kid are still kids once their lollipop finish thats it :D just joking :D

cast123, thanks for the compliment. :)

glennyong, i dont understand what you mean... but that was my "class group", i'm also trying to seek a proper term to define my group... :D

i say amen to that man

AdamGoi said:
Hi.

Just came back from The Concourse with ...

Misc.jpg

and ...

misc2.jpg

Spent $174 ... and thanks for the tips! ;)

I think I'll be working on the montage as their graduation gift ...

Status
Not open for further replies.