Ideal/Recommend Tripod for Sony F828

Which Tripod whose you choose for F828 ???

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
Base on comments and recommendation from CS members, I have short list 2 tripods for Sony F828.
Please give your voting for my consideration, feedbacks and comments if any,as you are most welcome.
I may intend to purchase within this 2 weeks.

Manfrotto 190PRO Tripod with 486RC2 ball head.
Tripod & Ball Head Weight : 2.30 kgs
Tripod Maximum load capacity : 5.00 kgs
Ball Head Maximum load capacity : 5.90 kgs
Maximum Height with extended center column & Ball Head : 155 cm
Maximum Height with Ball Head : 129 cm
Price : about SGD$240 i think
My Likes : Good Weight, Stable, Balance load capacity between ball head and tripod.
A good tripod for overseas like Cambodia, Vietnam, and windy condition terrain and all others condition.
My Dislikes : Heavy than Slik Sprint Pro.

file0001223.gif

file0001224.gif

file0005613.gif

Slik Sprint Pro
Trirpod Weight : 0.89 kgs
Tripod Maximum load capacity : 2.04 kgs
Maximum Height with extended center column & Ball Head : 163 cm
Maximum Height with Ball Head : 133 cm
Price : SDG$100
My Likes : Good Quality, very light weight to carry around.
Dislikes : Tripod legs seem unstable against windy and rugged terrain, no quick release plate.

sprint-pro-sl-a.jpg

sprint-pro-gm.jpg

ahhhh....slik.....my tripod...sprint pro gm. Very handly to bring around. Fairly good performance.

never bought a slik b4, but how come the slik 1 able to have its legs spread so wide? i thought there is this lock to prevent over spreading?

btw... tis tripod good for low angle i suppose... ka kui kui tan dua lui... :D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
never bought a slik b4, but how come the slik 1 able to have its legs spread so wide? i thought there is this lock to prevent over spreading?

btw... tis tripod good for low angle i suppose... ka kui kui tan dua lui... :D

there is a special catch on each of the legs...when in normal position, it will hold the leg to prevent over extending. And when the catch is in the 'up' position, it allows the leg to be spread further. Its centre column can be removed also to reach desired low height.

I vote for Manfrotto 190Pro. Good and stable. You can't go wrong with it. :thumbsup:

Weight isn't really an issue. You'll get used to it over time. Personally, I'd rather get a good sturdy tripod and not having to worry about strong gusts of wind blowing my setup over all the time.

Just my personal 2 cts.

I would certainly prefer if the tripod comes with a shoulder strap for easy carry around.

snowspeeder said:
I would certainly prefer if the tripod comes with a shoulder strap for easy carry around.
Well, can get the Optech tripod strap from CP. $30. Well padded and very comfortable. :thumbsup:

Garion said:
Well, can get the Optech tripod strap from CP. $30. Well padded and very comfortable. :thumbsup:

So where does the tripod strap attach itself to on the tripod?

You'll still need a head for the Silk. The one that comes with it is rubbish.

waht is the price for these tripods? king tiger you should update the price for comparison leh!! ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.